Question / Help No sound when streaming emulators.

Byung

OBS will pick up desktop sounds fine.

But when I capture an emulator window there is no sound.

Interesting enough the emulator does not show up on my windows mixer for some reason.

Byung

Sound card is ASUS XONAR DG.

If anyone else has the same issues with programs not showing up in your volume mixer.

Byung

Fixed sorry about this.

For anyone else having the same issue for Xonar DG cards disable GX.

Although I have another problem which is game capture is no longer detecting the window.

Byung

EAX Emulation for the DG.

Useless I had it on by accident.

The problem I have no is a program is no longer detected by gamecapture when it was prior to when I turned GX off.

Byung

Fusion364

DesmuME doesn't work for gamecapture as well. It shows as a blackscreen.

Fusion364 used to work until I disabled GX on my soundcard. Dunno what that is about.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
DeSmuME has issues with pretty much all frame buffer capture due to the way the screen in it is rendered. If you check the details for the framebuffer in the emulator you'll see that it is 1536x1536 pixels, and only a small portion at the top left is occupied by the game screen itself.

As for WHY it does this, I do not know, but literally ANYTHING will have issues capturing the DeSmuME framebuffer. The best option currently available for this emulator is inner window capture with Aero on.

Krazy

Town drunk
I can't find out any information on Fusion364's renderer, but if it isn't using OpenGL or DirectX 9 or higher, game capture won't work with it.