No audio when PowerPoint slides

bdrady

I am a relative newbie at OBS and video recording.

I started using OBS about a month ago. This is a recent problem. I recorded videos two weeks ago with no issues. I am recording marketing videos. When I am on screen, the audio is fine. However, when I switch to a PowerPoint slide and talk in the background, there is no audio.

I switched from vMIx to OBS, and I really liked OBS until now.

I am not very technically savvy so when you answer, please be kind and answer in simple terms. Pretend you're speaking to your grandmother. :-)

HELP! PLEASE!

Thank you in advance.

Lawrence_SoCal

First, OBS Studio, being like most free, open-source tends to require a level of sophistication and dedication to self-education. so just be forewarned.. I am VERY tech savvy, and making full use of OBS Studio took me months... though simple use cases wouldn't take anywhere near that much effort

As for helping, follow instructions for posting OBS Studio log when having an issue (asking for help), per pinned post in this forum (link in my .sig)

I'm suspecting when you 'switch to PowerPoint', you are changing Scenes? yes? if so, have you set up the correct Audio source in that Scene

These free eBooks might help you https://streamgeeks.us/

AaronD

If you want the audio to stay when you switch scenes, you need to use a global source. Settings -> Audio. Everything in a scene goes away when you switch scenes.

Also, don't duplicate sources. Global audio and scene audio, for example. That doesn't help anything, and can hurt a lot.