Question / Help No Audio in Video Editing Software (Pinnacle Studio 16)

TheHazelRose

Hey guys! I have an issue that I've been trying to wrap my head around for quite some time now.

I'm a new, yet avid user of OBS. I've learned how to stream, have adjusted my settings correctly, and am successful with my audio and video clips. However, each time I open up an OBS file in my video editing software - which is called Pinnacle Studio 16 - only the video will broadcast, rather than audio.

I'm wondering if this is an issue with my video editor and if OBS is not compatible with it, or if I have to adjust my audio a certain way in order for it to cooperate with other softwares.

NOTE: OBS videos do display both video and audio through Windows Live Movie Maker and Windows Media Player.

Boildown

Post the OBS log file from the encode session where the troublesome file was saved. If you can duplicate it, try saving a small file (around 60 seconds) and posting it on a file sharing site, after making sure the problem exists in this file as well.

Finally, make sure Constant Frame Rate is on (yes). The main reason things don't work in editors is CFR being set to off.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You are using AAC correct? MP3 definitely doesn't work with most programs/editors. There *have* been some incompatibilities (but not with the latest programs). It's been a bit annoying.

BostLabs

I'm interested in a solution for this as well. Its odd, if I play the recorded video in windows media player the game sound and my microphone voice are clearly heard. But when I put the file in my Pinnacle Studio there is no audio track.

killerfisch93

Hello everybody,
I am using Pinnacle Studio 17 Ultimate and i had the same Problems like you.
I solved the problem by installing many contents for pinnacle.
I don't know which application solved the problem but here is a list of all things i did install:

Xcodecpack 2.6.8
Standard Content Studio 17
Bonus Content Studio 17 Ultimate
Creative Pack vol. 2
Creative Pack vol. 3
iZotopeKey
SmartSound-Sonicfire Pro
SoundFX for Pinnacle Studio
AMT Plugins PS17
AMT JPsEffectsPS17
ScoreFitter Volumes 1-2

i hope i could help :)

Simba

I loaded a video and it plays the avi file in WMA, however, when I import it into Studio 16 ultimate, it does not have sound. Someone please help and tell me step by step what to do.