No Audio in OBS though devices are recognized

TheMBarrett

I am troubleshooting an issue with OBS 27.1.3 in which microphones are detected by OBS (they are selectable in properties) but are not represented in the Audio Mixer meters and audio is not being transmitted out when connecting livestreams (though video is being output).

I have tried multiple microphones and connector formats (USB, 3.5mm) and the same occurs each time. OBS recognizes the device and I'm able to select it in Properties under the Audio Mixer. However, despite being selected, unmuted, Advanced Properties set to "Monitor Off"--OBS does not seem to bring in any audio from these sources as the audio meters do not respond to audio and there is no audio output to the livestream.

Thank you for any guidance in finding a solution. This seems to be an issue with release 27.1.3 and am looking for confirmation or a resolution within the current release.

Attachments

• WNLAgBrJngSxqgxg.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 18

Harvey S

20:33:33.378: [WASAPISource::TryInitialize]:[Microphone (BLUE USB Audio 2.0)] Failed to get initialize audio client: 80070005

looks like your Mic is not authorized : 800700005

Try going to : Windows Settings > Privacy > Microphone. Make sure (Allow apps to use your microphone) is on, and OBS is listed and enabled.