No audio from OBS app - audio is recorded & output to stream as normal.

BacchusZA

Hi there,

As the title says, I'm having a problem with my OBS where the app itself suddenly stopped outputting any sound. Audio outputs to the stream, and to the recorded file just fine, but I can't hear anything, as if the app is muted in the Windows volume mixer. By and large this isn't a huge problem, but it does mean that I can't hear my stream alerts, such as follows, subs, etc. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, and I've made sure that the audio monitoring is set correctly for the audio sources I want to hear under advanced audio properties, to no effect.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated, & thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2024-04-28 16-10-47.txt
    35.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2024-04-28 163305.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-28 163305.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 5

roleli

Check the drivers for (Razer USB Sound Card) and update.
Do you have other output devices for sound? the image hints at this.

roleli

Max Audio Buffering
Audio buffering hit the maximum value. This is an indicator of very high system load, will affect stream latency, and may even cause individual audio sources to stop working. Keep an eye on CPU usage especially, and close background programs if needed.

Occasionally, this can be caused by incorrect device timestamps. Restart OBS to reset buffering.

Source affected (potential cause): Desktop Audio

See for more details

BacchusZA

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate you taking the time.

I've checked the drivers, and everything is up to date for the Razer headphones and the on-board Realtek sound card, which are the two devices I have enabled.
In terms of the audio buffering, I tested a few games (DCS World, Star Citizen, World of Warships, CP2077) with OBS open to see what my CPU usage looked like, and it typically stayed under 95%, even in Cyberpunk and Star Citizen. I played back the recording I made during the test, and audio was captured just fine throughout, regardless of CPU usage. I still don't get any output to my speakers (headphones or desktop) from OBS when triggering alerts, or when playing my launch, end, and BRB scenes, but they record just fine in the VOD.