New update with Streamelements plugin does not allow me to edit Twitch stream title/catagory/tags

DeltaJams

If I sign out of my twitch Account and link it again, I can get the stream information dock, but if I close OBS and then open it again, the dock is gone, and cannot be accessed through menus until twitch account is unlinked and then linked again. Log file is https://obsproject.com/logs/po_68N0AMCdtmB6x

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide.

-Delta

Harold

Currently yes. The plugin replaces the CEF 95 version of the browser source in 27.2 with a CEF 74 version.
It breaks.

AngelOfDeath

Currently yes. The plugin replaces the CEF 95 version of the browser source in 27.2 with a CEF 74 version.
It breaks.
Are you guys joking? Why the hell was it released if its imcompatible with SE?
How stupid, been trying to find a fix for this for the past several hours.
Good waste of time that was

Harold

Why should we be responsible for a third party plugin that has always replaced core components of obs and no longer offers offers any additional functionality not available within the base program?

Harold

Additionally, should we really delay a release by up to 6 weeks where there's a critical deadline within 2 that MUST be addressed?

AngelOfDeath

Because otherwise it causes users errors that make no *general* comprehensible sense as to why, for potential weeks on end, that they had no say over?
Yeah, delaying a release that works as intended, and doesn't cause bugs on a daily basis, is *usually* a good idea, right?

AngelOfDeath

This bug needs to be more publicly broadcasted so people know why it keeps happening
Why should we be responsible for a third party plugin that has always replaced core components of obs and no longer offers offers any additional functionality not available within the base program?

Tyr808

I use SE as well man, but this is a really dumb attitude to take. SE's plug-in is its own responsibility to be up to date and the people that work on OBS aren't at all responsible for other people updating their plug-ins, nor would it make sense to hold back a version update just because a third party plug-in isn't ready yet.

Use the check for updates feature on the Stream Elements menu tab within OBS. If OBS says there's an update but stream elements says there isn't, that means you're going to need to use OBS without SE live if you choose to pursue the update. I googled "stream elements obs 27.2" and a few seconds later found that the software isn't ready yet and didn't update.

Let alone the fact that this is free software being developed by volunteers that are only paid via patreon and donations... Imagine if you had viewers, and now imagine a new viewer jumps in your channel and rages at you for the problems the game you're playing has as if you were the person in charge. That's basically what you're doing here.

Galathir

Yeah... I just wandered in looking for a solution to this issue myself. And even being aggravated, I can see this is an SE issue, not an OBS issue. Dial it down a notch and redirect that where it belonds.

Not to mention there are many many many people using OBS who never touch SE.

I use SE as well man, but this is a really dumb attitude to take. SE's plug-in is its own responsibility to be up to date and the people that work on OBS aren't at all responsible for other people updating their plug-ins, nor would it make sense to hold back a version update just because a third party plug-in isn't ready yet.

Use the check for updates feature on the Stream Elements menu tab within OBS. If OBS says there's an update but stream elements says there isn't, that means you're going to need to use OBS without SE live if you choose to pursue the update. I googled "stream elements obs 27.2" and a few seconds later found that the software isn't ready yet and didn't update.

Let alone the fact that this is free software being developed by volunteers that are only paid via patreon and donations... Imagine if you had viewers, and now imagine a new viewer jumps in your channel and rages at you for the problems the game you're playing has as if you were the person in charge. That's basically what you're doing here.

Totally agree

AngelOfDeath

Are you all forgetting that there are thousands of people that integrated from one to the other? I literally didn't even know I was using the SE plug ins til this issue, because I just converted when starting up on OBS studio.
My issue isn't revolved around the update, or the people who update OBS.
My issue is that there is a bug related issue that forces me to re auth on a daily basis, for problems that aren't even mentioned in the patch notes, and potential fixes.
Perhaps if the issue was addressed, or even mentioned, instead of leaving it up to every user to search and fix themselves, it might be more beneficial.

Do you think updates for apps haven't been rolled back when it's discovered an integrated 3rd party doesn't function properly afterwards?
Its a pretty big element, considering its my STREAM INFO TAB, and the fact it doesn't exist when I open up OBS by default is a big problem.

cyclemat

conect obs with your twtich account and you have the stream info tab what did you need ? when you need the streamlabs activity feed make a own browser dock with the pop out from the site
1645660292738.png

1645660521988.png

AngelOfDeath

conect obs with your twtich account and you have the stream info tab what did you need ? when you need the streamlabs activity feed make a own browser dock with the pop out from the site
View attachment 80824

View attachment 80825
Thank you cycle. I simply integrated plug ins from streamlabs when I changed to studio, because it was an option from OBS studio, to make my life easier.
Now said option, consequentially years later, was making my life more difficult.
Alas you have answered my question, and provided the fix and workaround for it, with visual aide. All I could ever need, problem solved. Thank you kindly.

Thank you cycle. I simply integrated plug ins from streamlabs when I changed to studio, because it was an option from OBS studio, to make my life easier.
Now said option, consequentially years later, was making my life more difficult.
Alas you have answered my question, and provided the fix and workaround for it, with visual aide. All I could ever need, problem solved. Thank you kindly.

Bro you have two options till is realesed a fix for this. DOT

- You downgrade obs for a previous update when it was working perfectly
or
- You uninstall OBS.live/streamlabs and test other ways for the things OBS.live/streamlabs was doing for you.

stop complaining its a free software, the devs are not working for or because of you

Tyr808

Are you all forgetting that there are thousands of people that integrated from one to the other? I literally didn't even know I was using the SE plug ins til this issue, because I just converted when starting up on OBS studio.
My issue isn't revolved around the update, or the people who update OBS.
My issue is that there is a bug related issue that forces me to re auth on a daily basis, for problems that aren't even mentioned in the patch notes, and potential fixes.
Perhaps if the issue was addressed, or even mentioned, instead of leaving it up to every user to search and fix themselves, it might be more beneficial.

Do you think updates for apps haven't been rolled back when it's discovered an integrated 3rd party doesn't function properly afterwards?
Its a pretty big element, considering its my STREAM INFO TAB, and the fact it doesn't exist when I open up OBS by default is a big problem.

Then next time open with a simple question instead of storming in with an attitude, especially when blaming the wrong people for your own mistake of forgetting what third party tools you've installed. If you genuinely can't understand why you got a negative reaction from the way you behaved you need more help than a tech forum can provide.

For what it's worth, I agree that stream elements should have provided a heads up. They have the ability to advertise promotions in the stream activity feed, they fully should have warned users not to update yet. That being said, again, OBS and Stream Elements are not at all affiliated. It would be cool if OBS could automatically detect third party plug-ins that aren't update compatible, but stream elements is essentially a "mod" for OBS. Would you expect a game dev to be fixing the bugs that were caused by an unofficial fan mod?

That all being said, it's cool that cyclemat provided a quality work around for anyone needing it and I'm glad you've got it all fixed.

cyclemat

Problem is any one must test all plugin manually.
Obs cant know if the plugin compatible but what can Do is to say every plugin needs to be Listed and only runs when its teste and on the list but then you have the Problem that you Update and all plugin didnt run

Nobody hat Rest it to this time.
Its hard to say but we must life with this