Bug Report New update broke video playback from browser sources

codemann8

I have a browser source that used to play mp4 videos but with the new update, it freeze frames the first video frame and plays the sound. I tried refreshing the browser cache, didn't work. Can confirm nothing else changed and that the video does play if I open the URL in my other browser.

Last edited:

codemann8

Many others are having this issue:

codemann8

It might be hard to believe, but mp4 is a valid format of video, to which I have no control over what format the site owner uses. I just provide the URL in the browser source.

And I've read all the linked posts. As mentioned earlier, I've tried all the recommended actions, neither of them solved the problem.

As for the log, it takes like 3 hours just to undo the install and reinstall all the plugins and config, and I've already reverted back to 23.2.1. If there is an update that seems promising to fix this, I can try it again and export the log before I revert back again.

Harold

Are you working using the streamelements plugin installed in the instance of OBS you're having the trouble in?

Mango

Quite by accident I found a workaround, but I don't know why it works.

JavaScript:
document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function(){
 var span = document.createElement("span");
 document.body.appendChild(span);
 $(span).fadeTo(99999999, 0.99);
 });

(Requires jQuery.)

I have been attempting to read through the jQuery code but do not yet understand why this solves the problem. Any suggestions?

Mango

It seems that the workaround has nothing to do with jQuery nor opacity. This also works:

JavaScript:
window.setInterval(function() { document.body.style.marginBottom = Math.random() + "em" }, 10);