New feature request: web based OBS login/profiles

coreywolfgang

Hey there OBS devs!

I am an avid fan of OBS. Having recently discovered that the focus of the OBS dev team has shifted to OBS studio / multiplatform I felt inclined to make the switch. It saddened me to find that there is no simple way to make the switch and save all settings/scenes/plugins etc.

I would like to formally put forward the suggestion that OBS develop a web-based OBS user profile system. This would allow users that use other computers (or those that make the switch between versions) to simply log into the program securely (TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION PLSSS) and be immediately greeted with all their saved OBS scenes and settings. Two factor is important here most importantly as it will be protecting the users stream key. This addition would be incredibly useful for streamers that often use 'streamer PCs' at events and those that broadcast from different computers often and would require them to only bring along the media they use within the program on a thumbdrive. When the user logs in, they will be prompted to locate missing sources/media. Eg: "please locate overlay.png" > file explorer opens > user selects file (repeat for all missing media/sources) "Avermedia LGP is not detected please plug in the device or select an alternative" > drop down list appears with other game cap devices plugged in eg an Elgato HD60 > user selects different device (repeat for all missing inputs).

Additionally, an overall 'profile' system that covers both all settings AND scenes that can be imported/exported would be great! It would NOT contain any personal information such as the stream key. It would make it a lot easier for those that have to explain OBS settings to others (pretty much every streamer) and could instead just share their profile file that the user could then import.

Also, off topic but including super useful plugins such as CLR browser, VideoSource etc. in the installer would be wonderful (perhaps as optional tick to install extras).

I believe these added features would dramatically improve the usability of OBS for both those new to the program and those veteran users that use it on multiple machines and have had to remake scenes / reconfigure settings countless times.

I appreciate your consideration

Thanking you

-Corey

Harold

OBS Classic is dead development-wise.

OBS Studio already has the video source plugin in the core by default (all installs) and has an installer available that includes its browser source plugin.

Importing of old scenes and profiles currently needs to be done manually.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
You can also run OBS-Studio in portable mode similar to the "old" OBS. Then run it off an USB stick for example. Scenes and Settings are then saved to the main OBS folder. File paths for sources of course have to be corrected if they change between the systems.

The idea of a web based system is only interesting for a very small amount of people as far as I can tell but it would eat up money for the web server and resources for its development. In general I am quite happy that I do not have to remember any password or login information to use OBS. (Might be the bad experience with other tools)