New computer very slow when recording

nekovolta

I changed to a new laptop as the old one was obsolete. My new laptop has better performance in general terms except when using OBS. If I am recording my screen and audio output/input, it slows terribly down everything. The image is pixeled, the sound (output and input) is poor. The problem is that I need to use OBS a lot, so this new laptop is useless if it slows down that way. How can I solve this problem?

nekovolta

Here you have a new log file from today. Again, I had the same problem, I can not use the laptop because it slows down a lot. Can you tell me what I can do? I guess it might be related to the configuration or something like that.

Attachments

• 2021-06-17 11-37-25.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 33

qhobbes

Set OBS to run on the Intel GPU. Windows Settings, System, Display, Graphic Settings, OBS Studio, Options, select Intel GPU (probably Power saving).
Run OBS as Admin. Right click on shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
Display Capture is the last resort. Build your scenes with Window/Game/Video Device Capture etc.

nekovolta

@qhobbes I didn't manage to follow your instructions. When I am in 'Graphic Settings', I don't see OBS Studio for following your instructions. Here you have a screenshot:

1624003694202.png

I have the same problem with the second instruction. I run OBS as an administrator, but I don't find anything like 'Shortcut' and I can't not follow.

And the last instruction, I don't understand what you mean.

I realised is that the scale is at 200% and the display resolution is 2560 x 1600. Both are the recommended options.

1624004141251.png

However, when I record my screen, I see that it is not capturing neither the movements on the screen (it is frozen in the record) nor it doesn't catch the whole screen, but just a fraction of it.

qhobbes

Click the Browse button and locate the OBS (usually C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe ). After this select Intel GPU (probably Power saving).
The Shortcut refers to the icon for OBS on the desktop.