Network issue using OBS

CurryInTheHouse

Hi, I'm having some serious network issues using OBS. Around 5 minutes after I start streaming, my bitrate drops to 0 and my entire network gets repeatedly knocked out and restarts. I've had this happen on two entirely separate systems on two different networks 700 miles apart. The only time it ever happens is when OBS is open and streaming, and is able to be replicated using bandwidth mode.

My bitrate is set to VBR 4000, 5000 max. Upload speed is 6 Mbps.

Also, a log file is attached.

Can anyone possibly help me?

Attachments

• 2020-11-26 20-33-38.txt
    79.7 KB · Views: 9

qhobbes

1. Using Windows Update to Windows 10 2004 or 20H2/2009 if available per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
3. Run OBS as admin. Right-click on shortcut, properties, advanced..., check box, ok, apply, ok.
4. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene (Scene).
5. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
6. Stream in CBR
7. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".
8. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as admin.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.