Question / Help NDI source Wont Show up using skype

PerryComics

Ok so i downloaded the NDI Plugin anmd then turned it on in the Skype settings i then turned skype off, i go to obs turn my camera on and go to add a NDI source i have a call i made in skype and when i go to add the call i see the persons name and Live and i click that from the drop donw menu, and click ok and all that comes up is a small red dot in the top left and i go to fit to screen or resize it and nothing its empty there is nothing there and even when i try to window capture the skype is black, can someone please help me as i do multiple live streams and need to bring on multiple guest thank you

Narcogen

16:33:48.432: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 17134 (revision: 345; 64-bit)

Update Windows. This version is from 2018 and has problems when using OBS.

16:33:51.105: [obs-ndi] hello ! (version 4.5.2)

Update the OBS-NDI module. Current is 4.6.0.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-ndi-newtek-ndi™-integration-into-obs-studio.528/

Above poster was trying to window capture skype, which no longer works. NDI is apparently their preferred capture method now.

If you have the NDI module installed, and it loads, and it can generate an NDI output that can be seen in the NDI monitor program that comes with NDI Tools, and it can accept as an input a feed produced by the NDI Scan Converter application, then the problem is with Skype.

JoeScramble

Thank you for the reply. I had the 4.6 version installed originally and having the same issue. I read to install an older version that this may fix the problem, which is the one of the log posted that I tried more recently. To no avai
16:33:48.432: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 17134 (revision: 345; 64-bit)

Update Windows. This version is from 2018 and has problems when using OBS.

16:33:51.105: [obs-ndi] hello ! (version 4.5.2)

Update the OBS-NDI module. Current is 4.6.0.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-ndi-newtek-ndi™-integration-into-obs-studio.528/

Above poster was trying to window capture skype, which no longer works. NDI is apparently their preferred capture method now.

If you have the NDI module installed, and it loads, and it can generate an NDI output that can be seen in the NDI monitor program that comes with NDI Tools, and it can accept as an input a feed produced by the NDI Scan Converter application, then the problem is with Skype.

Here is my lastest log, unsuccessful with NDI module 4.6 TY :)
https://obsproject.com/logs/QrrBq1w8egNHjWvv

Narcogen

And the other tests? Does OBS generate an NDI output that can be viewed in other viewers, or does that fail?

Can OBS input an NDI output from another application, like Scan Converter, or does that fail?

This log still has 4.5 installed. If that is the correct log and you've installed 4.6, that installation either did not succeed or was installed to a different instance of OBS.

16:48:47.404: [obs-ndi] hello ! (version 4.5.2)

BrooksAgnew

Ok so i downloaded the NDI Plugin anmd then turned it on in the Skype settings i then turned skype off, i go to obs turn my camera on and go to add a NDI source i have a call i made in skype and when i go to add the call i see the persons name and Live and i click that from the drop donw menu, and click ok and all that comes up is a small red dot in the top left and i go to fit to screen or resize it and nothing its empty there is nothing there and even when i try to window capture the skype is black, can someone please help me as i do multiple live streams and need to bring on multiple guest thank you
I have exactly, precisely the same failure mode. Everyone I know worldwide uses "Display Capture" to put a Skype video call into OBS Studio. The downside is that you can only put one caller in, and the Skype caller cannot see your video, unless you have two cameras. If you designate one camera for OBS and one camera for Skype, then they can see you. NDI Sourced video from Skype does not show up in OBS Studio. It appears to be made for gamers with two PCs; one to run the game and one to run the stream.

punkoid

SAME PROBLEM!!! Any resolution???????

Mattvn

I know this is old but this thread comes up when googling the problem of Skype's NDI output being just black and OBS not showing it. OBS even goes as far as listing the 3 skype sources.

My problem was I was using the skype version downloaded through the windows app store, it looks the same and has the NDI option.

When I downloaded Skype for Windows 10 via chrome IT WORKS.

I hope this saves someone the hours it took me to figure it out.

MatthewL

I can confirm the last comment here also worked for me. Delete skype, download it from the web and NOT from the Windows Store, login and get cracking. It worked more or less right away for me.

Alvysyngr

"My problem was I was using the skype version downloaded through the windows app store, it looks the same and has the NDI option.

When I downloaded Skype for Windows 10 via chrome IT WORKS. "

Worked for me too

CoderLaure

Same here. I uninstalled Skype, rebooted, then went through the Skype website to reinstall it and it works great.

(I had Windows and Obs to their latest versions already)

CJMMusic

Hey Perry, uninstall Skype and then get the full version from the Microsoft website. I had the same issue and resolved it by doing this.