My videos are laggy and I want them to be good

EpicGamerTime

I would like to get my videos to a good 1080p 60fps but good not any laggy things

Specs- CPU= Ryzen 3, GPU= Radeon RX 570, RAM= 16GB

My recording settings
1665689678344.png

Video Settings
1665689467394.png

Attachments

• 1665689348449.png
    1665689348449.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 33

PaiSand

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) with focus on recording. Apply the settings it suggest.
Restart OBS (yes, please do restart before continue) and perform a test recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

If everything goes fine and the recording is good, go ahead and start working.

EpicGamerTime

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) with focus on recording. Apply the settings it suggest.
Restart OBS (yes, please do restart before continue) and perform a test recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

If everything goes fine and the recording is good, go ahead and start working.

Lawrence_SoCal

Looks like a lower-end CPU, using CPU encoding, and ignoring the BIG warning sign about NOT recording to MP4 format (remux afterwards, if need be)
So asking about video quality is the wrong question. The question is either:
- what quality can you achieve with what you have?
or
- what quality do you want, and how much are you willing to spend to get that quality?

I'm guessing you are more likely to focus on making due with what you have .. right? if yes, you have a lower -end CPU, and trying 1080p 60fps, so GPU encode offload (regardless of quality) may well be required to balance workloads.
There are many threads on setup optimization for an under-powered computer. I recommend researching those for suggestions. And do not ignore making sure your Operating System is also running efficiently, reduced eye-candy type settings, and no unnecessary background processes running
As for the OBS log (mentioned in pinned post in this forum), last line of my /sig has link (and to the Analyzer)

EpicGamerTime

Looks like a lower-end CPU, using CPU encoding, and ignoring the BIG warning sign about NOT recording to MP4 format (remux afterwards, if need be)
So asking about video quality is the wrong question. The question is either:
- what quality can you achieve with what you have?
or
- what quality do you want, and how much are you willing to spend to get that quality?

I'm guessing you are more likely to focus on making due with what you have .. right? if yes, you have a lower -end CPU, and trying 1080p 60fps, so GPU encode offload (regardless of quality) may well be required to balance workloads.
There are many threads on setup optimization for an under-powered computer. I recommend researching those for suggestions. And do not ignore making sure your Operating System is also running efficiently, reduced eye-candy type settings, and no unnecessary background processes running
As for the OBS log (mentioned in pinned post in this forum), last line of my /sig has link (and to the Analyzer)
I already kinda fixed this can you answer this question - https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/what-encoder-should-i-use-if-i-dont-have-a-nvidia-card.160626/