my streaming is very pixelated and choppy with 3060

Zeotrez

My computer has an i7 12700 processor and RTX 3060 12GB and 32GB of DDR5 RAM.

I've tried every setting in obs (x264, Qs, and Nvence), from extremely high to very low performance, but my stream is still pixelated and fuzzy.

My brother's computer has an i7 9700 processor, a gtx 1060 graphics card, and 16 GB of ddr4 memory, but his computer streams on Twitch at a far higher quality than mine does.

Can somebody assist me in resolving this issue, or is streaming not recommended with the 3060 graphic card and i7 12700?

Attachments

• 2022-09-29 15-01-11.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Your settings look fine, for high motion games 6000kbps is often not enough to avoid all pixelation.

rockbottom

You should give your UHD 770 iGPU a try, change bit-rate as needed. You'll like the quality.

1664472794953.png

rockbottom

I looked at your log, you're already trying QSV but you'll never get a stutter free stream/recording with your monitor @ 144FPS. Limit it & your game to 120FPS & even then there still may be some occasional stuttering.

Zeotrez

I looked at your log, you're already trying QSV but you'll never get a stutter free stream/recording with your monitor @ 144FPS. Limit it & your game to 120FPS & even then there still may be some occasional stuttering.
I'm really confused because my brother's computer works perfectly in the identical configuration.

This is your setting that I try and my stream look like https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1604668370 I dont know why

rockbottom

I can't answer your Q but maybe your brother can.

From my point of view you need to clear up the stuttering, stop rescaling & use the QSV settings I provided above & your stream should look great.

rockbottom

YW!

There are some performance differences with the UHD 770 depending on the CPU model. If the Very Slow Preset is not encoding a smooth output, just switch to a faster Preset.