My PC Specs & Setup for OBS

Hi everyone, i just wanted to ask a few questions about OBS, whats the best setup for my specs?
I7- 12700k
ASUS prime b760m-a
MSI RTX 4060ti 3x
Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200

just wondering if anyone has the same spec as me?
these are my settings for streaming on Twitch in OBS
I usually play Palworld and i'm hitting maybe 40fps while streaming? if i'm not streaming it will be twice that maybe even more, round baout the 100fps mark

Attachments

• Audio Settings OBS.png
    Audio Settings OBS.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Output Streaming settings OBS.png
    Output Streaming settings OBS.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 24

PaiSand

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings it gives. Do NOT change anything. This are the most optimal settings for you.
Restart OBS (!important)
Test as is. If all goes well you are done.
Notice OBS is in simple output mode now. Keep it this way. In most case scenarios you don't need advanced output.

Lawrence_SoCal

Hi everyone, i just wanted to ask a few questions about OBS, whats the best setup for my specs?
the real answer is .. it depends... on lots of things, and the 'best' (ex. highest quality video for a given bitrate) may vary by game.. seriously. it is possible that the best (depending on how you define that, for you) won't be a singular set of settings

so it depends on LOTS of factors, what else you are running, how good you are at Operating System optimizations, and your goals (for example, for some, set and forget and good enough is best... ), do you want to record a higher resolution version for local recording/archiving and possible future video editing?
all of these and a lot more can impact the answer

best is to follow PaiSand's approach, then if desired, and you have patience to properly research then incrementally implement (with an understand and practiced backout approach) various 'tweaks' to improve matters. Personally, I found that the content itself is usually more important than 'optimal' settings. As you learn OBS Studio, you can adjust to your hearts content, and you'll break things along the way. If that sounds fun, have it. Otherwise stop as PaiSand commented and focus your time and attention elsewhere

just wondering if anyone has the same spec as me?
honestly, it wouldn't matter if they did. your specs are a small part of the equation

these are my settings for streaming on Twitch in OBS
I usually play Palworld and i'm hitting maybe 40fps while streaming? if i'm not streaming it will be twice that maybe even more, round baout the 100fps mark
There are also OBS Studio optimizations, that involve limiting/matching screen refresh rates to streaming FPS (not game rate), matchign audio sampling rates, ensuring matching of GPU settings to OBS Studio (depends on game and other... no single answer here)
Then basics, like using OBS's Studio Mode can involve 2X the rendering workload... so if you aren't using/don't need Studio Mode (I don't), don't use it.
etc etc etc Lots and lots of threads on this.