My obs is wayyy to laggy please help

MemeKing6251

so 3 weeks ago whenever i recorded with obs it was always going at 60 fps but now it is barely getting 50 and is avg is now like 10 fps please help
please reply bcuz i need to rec 4 yt

heres the log

Attachments

• 2020-07-04 16-58-15.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 68

qhobbes

0. If available, update to Windows 10 2004 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
1. Run OBS as Admin
2. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
3. Use QuickSync encoder (via Settings -> Output). Do not use x264.
4. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

MemeKing6251

0. If available, update to Windows 10 2004 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
1. Run OBS as Admin
2. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
4. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.
is it ok if i msg you agian if the issue occurs? and send you the log?

qhobbes

Just post back here, that way more people can read the solution. It will notify me. You can also Log Analyzer and it will point you in the right direction.

MemeKing6251

1. Run OBS as Admin

1) Restart OBS.

btw ppl tell me dont get 2004 yet its still broken so what should i do

qhobbes

I updated my 2012 iMac to 2004 using Windows Update and manually updated Windows 7 era laptop mentioned in sig (it was on Windows 10 1909) with no issues.

MemeKing6251

I updated my 2012 iMac to 2004 using Windows Update and manually updated Windows 7 era laptop mentioned in sig (it was on Windows 10 1909) with no issues.
does that mean that the windows 10 update works fine bcuz ppl tell me dont get it bcuz they cant boot up their pc

qhobbes

1. Run OBS as Admin.
2. Record to FLV or MKV. Do not record to MP4
3. Your GPU is maxed out and OBS can't render scenes fast enough. Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. OBS requires a little GPU to render your scene.

Enable Vsync or set a reasonable frame rate limit that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage.

If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game. If you are experiencing issues in general while using OBS, your GPU may be overloaded for the settings you are trying to use.

Please check our guide for ideas why this may be happening, and steps you can take to correct it: GPU Overload Issues.
Cap the frame rate of your game to 60 FPS.
4. The encoder is skipping frames because of CPU overload. Read about General Performance and Encoding Issues.

MemeKing6251

1. Run OBS as Admin.
2. Record to FLV or MKV. Do not record to MP4
3. Your GPU is maxed out and OBS can't render scenes fast enough. Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. OBS requires a little GPU to render your scene.

Enable Vsync or set a reasonable frame rate limit that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage.

If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game. If you are experiencing issues in general while using OBS, your GPU may be overloaded for the settings you are trying to use.

Please check our guide for ideas why this may be happening, and steps you can take to correct it: GPU Overload Issues.
Cap the frame rate of your game to 60 FPS.
4. The encoder is skipping frames because of CPU overload. Read about General Performance and Encoding Issues.
can i use a mkv file in editing and also im recording minecraft btw

qhobbes

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window OR Settings --> Advanced --> Recording --> check box for Automatically remux to mp4.

Your monitor has a refresh rate of 60 Hz. You cannot see more than 60 Frames Per Second on a monitor that only refreshes 60 times per second. Cap your frame limit in Minecraft to 60.

MemeKing6251

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window OR Settings --> Advanced --> Recording --> check box for Automatically remux to mp4.

Your monitor has a refresh rate of 60 Hz. You cannot see more than 60 Frames Per Second on a monitor that only refreshes 60 times per second. Cap your frame limit in Minecraft to 60.
so if i rec it will be mkv and when its done it will become mp4

qhobbes

Yes, if your monitor has a refresh rate of 60 Hz, this means the monitor refreshes 60 times per second. You cannot see more than 60 Frames Per Second on that monitor.

MemeKing6251

Yes, if your monitor has a refresh rate of 60 Hz, this means the monitor refreshes 60 times per second. You cannot see more than 60 Frames Per Second on that monitor.
the prob with my pc is that its a dell inspiron 3048, with intel i3 2.90 Ghz 12 gb ram intel 4400 gpu and its and all in one