My 9 hour recording got cut down to 9 minutes...

Ekio

As the title says, I had been recording a game for 9 hours straight. And when I had finished and checked the final recording, it was only 9 minutes.

Before recording, I had around 177 GB free on my hard drive that the recording is saved to. And by the time I finished, I had 175 GB free and the recording had taken up around 682 MB.

There were no noticeable errors while I was recording, nor any warnings from windows that I was low on memory. I checked OBS periodically while playing and it still said that it was recording every time. The only issue I had was ending the recording. When I went to end it, it hung up and took about a minute or two to actually stop recording.

I noticed while looking back at what I did record that it ends about 12 seconds after I tabbed out to check if OBS was working for the first time. So I would assume that had something to do with it.

Here's the Log. I believe it is the correct one, but lmk if it isn't.

qhobbes

11:46:54.683: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 1041166 (98.3%)

1. Using Windows Update, update Windows 10 to 2004 or 20H2/09 if available.
2. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Headset Earphone (Razer Kraken TE - Chat): 48000 Hz
Microphone (24BIT 192K MODE): 192000 Hz
3. Download and install the newest version of OBS from https://obsproject.com/download
4. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
5. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
6. Use Window Capture or Browser source for browsers. Don't use Game Capture for browsers.
7. Uncheck the box for Psycho Visual Tuning.
8. Cap your games at 60 FPS.

Post new log if still having issues.