Muted Notification

Muted Notification v1.0.1

univrsal

universallp submitted a new resource:

Muted Notification - Get an audio notification when talking while muted

Adds an audio filter, which will play a wav file if the parent source receives audio while muted:
View attachment 92958
The filter works exactly like the noise gate, but instead of opening the gate it'll play the selected WAV file to the selected playback device. The cool down defines how much time has to pass before the sound is played again.

Installation
On Windows you can use either the installer or manually extract the binaries to your obs directory.
On Debian based...

Read more about this resource...

Eriberto Mota

Hi universallp,

I visited your git repository. I am thinking to package this plugin for Debian. What you think about to change all names 'U r muted' or 'urmuted to 'muted-notification' and 'Muted Notification' in source code? I think it is a bit confuse to keep two different names (a name here and other in source code). For me, urmuted is not intuitive too.

Thanks for your attention and work.

TekNeil

Hey, very handy plugin cheers. Just having an issue with the 'Device' selection, no matter what I selet, the audio is always coming through my headphones/desktop audio.

univrsal

Hi universallp,

I visited your git repository. I am thinking to package this plugin for Debian. What you think about to change all names 'U r muted' or 'urmuted to 'muted-notification' and 'Muted Notification' in source code? I think it is a bit confuse to keep two different names (a name here and other in source code). For me, urmuted is not intuitive too.

Thanks for your attention and work.
Sorry for the late reply, I randomly don't get notifications for threads for some reason. I can change the names.
Hey, very handy plugin cheers. Just having an issue with the 'Device' selection, no matter what I select in the dropdown menu, the audio is always coming through my headphones/desktop audio.
Can you post your obs studio log after changing the audio device?

TekNeil

Sorry for the late reply, I randomly don't get notifications for threads for some reason. I can change the names.

Can you post your obs studio log after changing the audio device?
The log is showing the change, although it doesn't apply the change:
22:12:51.152: [urmuted] Opened 'Headphones Rear (Realtek High Definition Audio)'
22:13:01.926: [urmuted] Opened 'Headphones Front (Realtek High Definition Audio)'

Here's a little more (Covering all the urmuted plugin specifics:
20:47:38.436: Failed to load 'en-GB' text for module: 'urmuted.dll'
20:47:38.436: [urmuted] plugin loaded successfully (version 1.0.0)

20:47:38.483: Loaded Modules:
20:47:38.483: urmuted.dll

20:47:38.854: [urmuted] Opened 'Headphones Front (Realtek High Definition Audio)'

20:47:39.048: [Loaded global audio device]: 'Mic/Aux'
20:47:39.048: - filter: 'U r muted' (muted_filter)

================================================
HERE IS WHERE I CHANGED THE OUTPUT DEVICE
================================================

21:54:19.259: [urmuted] Opened 'Headphones Rear (Realtek High Definition Audio)'
21:54:35.100: [urmuted] Opened 'Headphones Front (Realtek High Definition Audio)'
After this I 'did' add an en-GB text file (Copied the en-US), but obviously it's nothing to do with that.
I can test/log more if needed.

Pic of my devices attached, none of which make any difference. The muted sound just always comes through whatever my currently default output device is set to in WIN10.

Attachments

• muted.png
    muted.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 23

univrsal

The log is showing the change, although it doesn't apply the change:

Here's a little more (Covering all the urmuted plugin specifics:

After this I 'did' add an en-GB text file (Copied the en-US), but obviously it's nothing to do with that.
I can test/log more if needed.

Pic of my devices attached, none of which make any difference. The muted sound just always comes through whatever my currently default output device is set to in WIN10.
Try this release:

NewGuyx

Works really well!
Dunno if its possible but having it play a folder of different .wav files randomly would be kinda cool to have. Like if it was possible to put 5 .wav sound files in there and then it would randomly play whichever. Just thought it be fun for a livestream etc.

Eitherway it works super well and thanks for the plugin.