Question / Help Music playing through desktop & mic and causing feedback

sillyfidget33

Hello!

I have been trying to figure this out for months and been googling my face off and I cannot figure out how to fix this!

I am a cam model on Chaturbate and when I stream, I play music in the background. I want to be able to hear the music as well. If I play the music through the Desktop audio the sound quality is good, but when I have the mic on so I can talk at the same time the mic pics up the music coming through my speakers as well. So essentially the music is being heard twice which is causing feedback and a crappy sound quality. How do I fix this?! I have seen a lot of people asking about using headphones and having a similar issue, but I am not using headphones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

koala

If there is a mic in the room that picks up your voice, it picks up any other sound as well. If you want it to pick up your voice only, you have to make sure it isn't reached by any other sound. This can be achieved by either making your voice so loud that other sound is so silent that it cannot be heard, or by making it so that no sound in the room is generated at all except your voice. The former can be achieved by using a microphone that is located not more far away from your mouth than 5-10 cm. The latter by using headphones. But if you use a microphone 1 m away from your mouth, it picks up your voice as loud as any speaker that is 1-2 m away from the microphone. You might look for small in-ear wireless headphones.