Question / Help Multiple feeds from multiple computers into one stream

pwnzerage3214

This may not be the place to ask this necessarily, but I am curious. I was wondering if there is an inexpensive way to send a capture from one computer to another, which then streams it. I know there are some professional streams with this ability, but I think they might be using some kind of professional input board. I ask because I want to make a co-op gaming live stream with a friend and myself, but don't want to be limited to just my point of view. I would like to, with OBS, be able to switch between the two sources, or maybe even split screen the stream. For example, if we are playing Portal 2 co-op, I could show my point of view and/or show his. I would be broadcasting from my computer, which is becoming a little outdated hardware wise, so maybe I could involve a third "slave" computer dedicated for grabbing the source and putting them into OBS? Anyways, if you have any ideas/questions, a reply would be greatly appreciated :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Yes! This is possible. You will need your own RTMP server (guide here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2651) and either the Browser Source Plugin (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3284) or vMix (http://www.vmix.com.au/). You can stream each perspective to the custom server, then use the Browser Source plugin or vMix to bring in multiple streams. with vMix you can do the mixing in that program, and with Browser source I believe you have to open the stream in JPlayer and then import that into OBS, and do the mixing in OBS (though I've never done it before myself).