Multiple Camera Issues

TheSuperJay

Hi guys,

Im ok using OBS and have broadcast successfully with it before but I’ve hit a snag and I’m a bit stuck.
So I have a Logitech B910 Webcam which is detected fine, works perfectly well. I’ve recently got IVCam for my old iPhone (SE 2016) and for my new one (11).
Now, I’ve set up IVCam to run two instances and they are being detected ok in OBS but it becomes very unstable when all three VCDs are being used.

The inputs from the phones disappear from previews, or one of them does. Then sometimes the webcam disappears (they are showing as sources but no preview and no output). It works ok with just one IVCam instance running plus the Logtitwcam but I need three cameras. Also when I have just the two IVCams previewing OBS starts getting choppy and freezes (have to end task).
Sorry if this isn’t explained very well, I can just buy another webcam I guess but I’d rather avoid it.

Nass86

Some ideas.
- try opening iTunes first with the iPhones connected. When the phones ask “trust this computer?” Click yes and put your passcode in.
- open iTunes *every single time* before running OBS
- run the iphones with OBS camera app from the App Store instead.

doing this may resolve your issues - I’ve had quirky ones at my end too.

Ps. Also try connecting the iPhones in different USB ports. Swap them round and remember if one USB works over another.

Pps. Try turning off resources such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Some computers treat them as if they are USBs and you can just be using too many at the same time (without being too technical, camera usage is bandwidth hungry on the CPU etc)

Nass86

Ppps. If you have other things connected via USB or thunderbolt etc that could be disconnected - take them out whilst streaming.

Nass86

PPPPPS. I haven't used IVCam but on OBS Camera app for iPhone I can reduce the bandwidth down from say 50,000kbps 60fps 1080p to, say, 20,000kb/s 720p 30fps and that relieves pressure especially if doing it on multiple devices.