Question / Help Multiple Audio Tracks

So, I recently have began recording again, and after a decent chunk of recording time, I threw the file into Vegas to begin working on the edits. However, when I threw it in, there were SIX different audio tracks in addition to the visual track. I only have my tracks selected as a single track for two different audio captures. How can I fix this?

1585693262809.png

And here are the settings

1585693302545.png

Not sure if the log file is needed for something like this but here it is:

Tomasz Góral

My fault, too early (but my son has a different opinion about feeding).
Simple merge:
ffmpeg -i file1.mp4 -filter_complex "amerge,pan=stereo:c0<c0+c2:c1<c1+c3" out.mp4
Or
you can add hotkeys to mute microphone.

Last edited:

Narcogen

You recorded three stereo tracks. Your editing software sees six tracks. You got what you recorded.

In Settings > Recording you've chcked tracks 1, 2 and 3.

In Advanced Audio Properties, you've put cam on track 1. If this doesn't have audio, you don't need it.

Put Mic/Aux on 1, Desktop on 2, and in Settings > Recording record only tracks 1 and 2. You do not need to specify a "track" for video.

In your recording software this will still be 4 tracks as both tracks are stereo and it is displaying them separately.

You recorded three stereo tracks. Your editing software sees six tracks. You got what you recorded.

In Settings > Recording you've chcked tracks 1, 2 and 3.

In Advanced Audio Properties, you've put cam on track 1. If this doesn't have audio, you don't need it.

Put Mic/Aux on 1, Desktop on 2, and in Settings > Recording record only tracks 1 and 2. You do not need to specify a "track" for video.

In your recording software this will still be 4 tracks as both tracks are stereo and it is displaying them separately.

Wow this was actually super helpful! Is there a way to trim it down just a little more? Or is 4 tracks the lowest Im going to get? I can deal with four if needed, but I dont want too much space being taken from multiple tracks and I dont know how it will impact rendering

Narcogen

If Vegas displays a stereo track recorded by OBS as two single channel tracks, then yes, that's as low as it will go. Getting it to display as fewer would need to be done in Vegas, not in OBS.

Narcogen

I don't know since I don't use Vegas. There may be a setting in Vegas that will display the 2 stereo tracks that OBS recorded as two stereo tracks instead of four mono tracks, but I don't know what it is.

I recall originally I could dump it in and it would work fine no problem. My friend is two vegas versions behind me and works fine, and I cant find anything on it either. So as long as ive done everything I can on this end then Ill be happy enough while finding a solution to all these tracks

Narcogen

Check your Options menu, Preferences, General. There is a setting:

Also there's Options Menu | Preferences| General Tab: "Import Stereo as dual mono"

I actually just listened to the audio from my main recording, and my voice appears in ALL SIX tracks. Luckily a test just confirmed thats no longer the case, most likely due to whatever settings you had me change earlier! However, the import option didnt seem to change anything after testing a few times