Multi User Support Scripting

erikm101

Hello,

I have a Windows PC with OBS Studio installed. This PC will be used by multiple users. I would like to be able to create a Python script that will allow the user to press a single button and load in a set of default settings. This would be used when the user a) first sets up to use OBS on his/her account or b) needs to import new updated scenes or profile settings. I do not want to have to teach and support these users efforts to manually import profiles and scene collections.

I have been perusing the API documentation, but have not found anything that points me in the correct direction.

This script would need to do the following:
1) Import an existing profile from a fixed location, select it as the active profile, and delete the default profile (or current profile, if they have the same name).
2) Import an existing scene collection, select it as the active collection, and delete the default collection (or current collection, if they have the same name).

If anyone has any pointers or a similar solution to share, I would really appreciate it. If this can't be done via Python, can it be done via LUA? Some alternate means?

TIA, erik