Multi streams keys?

Wolfbane

I was wondering if it maybe would be possible to add a 2nd "stream key" or more stream keys.

Oki, Im streaming on my own channel, but another channel has asked me if I could stream 3h each day on there stream. But if there was some way for me to use OBS, and just have OBS send the stream to two different streamkeys both on "Twitch.tv" that would be really nice.

Ofc the settings and all are just meant to be duplicated and not have separated settings. That ofc means if I have my settings "Max Bitrate" to 2000 would be 2000 to each separated stream = 4000.

I have a really nice ISP so the upload speed would not be a problem.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If anyone knows of some other software / addon that can do this, please also post info/link.

Dajova

You mean simultaneously or separately?

Simultaneous is planned, while separate works already.
Just create a new profile with the exact same settings, but with another stream key and there you go.

Xphome

You can add -multi at the end of Target in the shortcut to run 2 instances of OBS to stream to 2 channels simultaneously.

Wolfbane

Xphome said:
You can add -multi at the end of Target in the shortcut to run 2 instances of OBS to stream to 2 channels simultaneously.

How more demanding would this be to my computer ?

This is my hardware atm.
Core i7 2600K | Asus P8Z68-V LX | 16GB Vengeance 1866 MHz | Fractal Deisgn Newton R2 1000W | Radeon Sapphire 6950x2 Crossfire | Asus Xonar Essence ST |

And Im mainly streaming "Smite".

Dajova said:

Just create a new profile with the exact same settings, but with another stream key and there you go.

Yha I have separate profiles already, but what I wanted to have one OBS running sending the info to 2 different channels at the same time.

So the question was to have one OBS to stream to 2 different channels at the same time, The difference is to have 2 programs doing the same job twice, is just really double job for no need.

Xphome

Wolfbane said:
Xphome said:

How more demanding would this be to my computer ?

This is my hardware atm.
Core i7 2600K | Asus P8Z68-V LX | 16GB Vengeance 1866 MHz | Fractal Deisgn Newton R2 1000W | Radeon Sapphire 6950x2 Crossfire | Asus Xonar Essence ST |

And Im mainly streaming "Smite".

Dajova said:

Yha I have separate profiles already, but what I wanted to have one OBS running sending the info to 2 different channels at the same time.

So the question was to have one OBS to stream to 2 different channels at the same time, The difference is to have 2 programs doing the same job twice, is just really double job for no need.

Running several instances of OBS is currently the only way to stream to several channels at once. With the same settings the load would be double. I believe the feature to stream to several channels with just one instance of OBS is being worked on.

SoyA

I tried to add "-multi" but I don't know if I am doing it properly I can't get a second OBS running. Can anyone help?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
SoyA - if it didn't load a second copy, that menas it probably didn't work. Try creating a shortcut to OBS, and then editing the properties of that shortcut, and adding that to the end of the executable path.

(And yes this feature will be added directly in without these workarounds at some point)

SoyA said:
I tried to add "-multi" but I don't know if I am doing it properly I can't get a second OBS running. Can anyone help?

I think you need to remove the " " so you just have -multi at the end

How can I see within OBS which of the 2 channels is current;y the 1 I should be streaming in?
if I want tostream on my 2nd channel, should I open up 2 instances, and close the first instance?

Xphome

HecthorDoomhammer said:
How can I see within OBS which of the 2 channels is current;y the 1 I should be streaming in?
if I want tostream on my 2nd channel, should I open up 2 instances, and close the first instance?
Choose the profile which you have setup to stream to the desired channel.

dante`afk

I have tried that, but the game is not being shown on the second stream/second instance of OBS, any ideas?

only music and overlays.