Move

Move 2.11.0

_julius_

Hi @Exeldro,

Very cool, thanks for the work!
I was honestly starting an improvement of the https://github.com/CatxFish/motion-effect. Now I saw your fresh plugin and can stop here :D

One thing I am missing (and was missing in the other one as well): the possibility to fade the unique resources, instead of zooming/moving them. So that I can have one source moving, and others transitioning via fade.

Exeldro

@_julius_ sorry, the code is not as clean as I would like it to be. Let me know if can help you find your way in the code. You can contact me on the obs discord server.

At the moment I am thinking of making a exclude list in the transition, but maybe I should add an option for the exclude list to choose between Cut timings and fade effect.

OBS Crashes with advanced scene switcher when it tries to transition before a another transition or stinger video has finished it seems. It also wont work with advanced scene switcher properly. I found a few workarounds for now, but if the 2 plugins would work smoothly, that would be wonderful. I think this is mostly an issue with advanced scene switcher, as it has not been updated in quite a long time.

jdudetv

Hey just wondering, as i use the current motion one for moving elements around without transitioning. if thats somewhere on the roadmap of adding hotkey movement of elements to saved locations.

Exeldro

@jdudetv move without transition is not on the roadmap, because the move transition uses an other technique than the motion transition.

Michael.C

This plugin is awesome, I was just thinking yesterday that I wish I could "morph" sources between scenes in OBS, and I look today and find this. Do you think it would be possible to create an option to have transitions between sources with similar names? For example, say I have source Input 1 and a source Input 1 [Cropped] in 2 different scenes, and I want a move transition between them. There would presumably have to be some strict rules around naming conventions for this feature to work reliable, and yes I appreciate other complexities, but interesting if it's a possibility.

On the subject of cropped sources, this is the one thing that appears to still cut between, rather than smoothly transitioning like size and position.

My situation may be complicated by also using the obs-shaderfilter, and using it on a group around my source as this is the only way I seem to be able to get borders to work on a cropped AND non-cropped source.

doxzilla

Would it be possible to further refine the source matching? For example: "Source", "Source 1", and "Source 2" are spread across a variety of scenes. Transitioning between scenes that contain Source and Source 1 (or Source 2) get picked up by the matching algorithm and everything works as intended. However, transitioning between scenes that contain "Source 1" and "Source 2" do NOT get picked up because "Source 1" is not found in the source name "Source 2". In the meantime, I've come up with a pretty inelegant workaround by appending each source name with letters of the alphabet (SourceA, SourceAB, SourceABC...). Thanks!

doxzilla

EDIT: Man, quick work on those matching options! They work like a charm!

Found another quirk with the plugin: if a source appears in multiple scenes and does not change dimensions, it will briefly flash black at the beginning of the transition.

Last edited:

doxzilla

Move plugin settings.png