more than 320 bitrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1foris

why can't this program support more than 320 bitrate audio quality?
i never listen to 320 mp3 and many people like lossless audio.
can't you add more than 320 bitrate????? like 500 or 900 or 1000 bitrate?
everyone will use this program if it can support more than 320 bitrate.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
Ignoring the fact that that's insane and completely unnecessary.

MP3 only supports up to 320, and AAC being the successor, I assume is the same.

hilalpro

Warchamp7 said:
Ignoring the fact that that's insane and completely unnecessary.

MP3 only supports up to 320, and AAC being the successor, I assume is the same.
aac support bitrates higher than 320.. the average human ear will consider mp3 at vbr 192kbps and aac at 128kbps transparent.. if you're using really high end equipments and try to focus real hard you can differentiate between lossy and lossless at those bitrates but going mp3 cbr320 and aac 256 you can never hear any difference.. you would need an audio spectral frequency analyzer such as adobe audition to check and differentiate the original source lossless from the lossy format.

Bensam123

Curiously, does OBS use VBR for audio? I believe it doesn't, but I'm unsure.

Don't turn this thread into a human perception argument... People are all different. There is no set limitation for perception.

1foris

imao..
there are too many people who like lossless songs than mp3 320 bullcrap.
well even if you add feature that you can do more than 320 bitrate, the world will not end.
just add it for everyone. don't care of only yourself.
why would people download lossless songs or buy CD if they think 320 is best and they don't know the difference between 320 and 1000?
adding more features is good....

Grimio

Humans suck at hearing. We just do. And while we are all unique snowflakes, especially you 1foris, we as a species still can't differentiate between 320 and 1k+ AAC.

So why does lossless exist? Certainly not to please some buzzword filled "audiophile" airhead. It is only useful for archiving and production.

Bensam123

For rencoding purposes, for a completely flawless experience... because human perception is all relative. If there are more options there isn't anything wrong with it. I personally asked for 24bit/192khz/surround sound encoding. Unfortunately Jim said the spec didn't support it yet.

This may just be a issue of flash RTMP not supporting higher then 320Kbps.

Cortexian

Agree with a lot of posters in this thread, lossless, or anything over 320kbps is only useful for professional applications. Streaming, even in a professional production environment is definitely not something you need lossless for.

Bensam123

Not sure about that Pys... For instance if someone is rencoding what they're getting from OBS in another application. People just like jumping on the perception bandwagon (which is highly subjective).

Status
Not open for further replies.