Question / Help Monitor Audio is spilling over different scenes.

Xstof

Hi there,
I hope you can help. I've set up a scene collection with A/V capture for my PS4 (via capture card), my mic (via audio interface), and my desktop audio (for some music). I have set the audio sources in each scene as follows:

Scene 1: Pre-stream: – Music 1 (pre/post stream)
Scene 2: Chat –– Music 2 (quieter), Mic
Scene 3: Game –– Mic, Game audio
Scene 4: Post Stream –– Music 1 (pre/post stream)

The audio source for both Music 1 & Music 2 is the same program. Yet, when first setting this up, I found that if I turned the monitor and output setting ON, I would hear a definite decrease in volume when changing scenes (due to me having music 2 at a lower volume than music 1.

However, as of last night I have encountered an issue, whereby my monitoring is carrying over scene changes. I can hear, for example, my ps4 audio coming through the monitor, even though i am not on the game scene. Is this something that is usual? Or is there a way to make sure that what I hear on each scene is what the stream would hear on those same scenes?

Thanks for your help. I'm finding it a bit tough to explain myself here, so if you have any questions let me know.

Chris

Log file:

Pianoboy

I have the same issue and it seems like a recent one for Macs as there are a couple of unanswered posts in the last week. But I can’t find any similar posts earlier in forums. Anyone have any ideas??

Pianoboy

Seems that there is something going on with OBS switching off monitor audio when scene change is detected. Doesn’t go to stream.

Xstof

Sorry Pianoboy for late reply – I still get this same issue with no apparent fix. But as you say, I have noticed it doesn't seem to go through to the stream, which is at least a relief!

If anyone can help with this it would be really helpful – otherwise I may try reinstalling at some point (when I can muster the courage to start over again ha).
Thanks

Steve Sykes

Is there an update to this? I also have the same problem. When changing scenes the monitor audio is muted. To fix I have to assign my media source to monitor off and then reassign to monitor and stream and it comes back. Really frustrating to have to do this every time. My laptop has Realtek drivers 6.0.8821.1 if that helps anyone. My computer is a PC on Windows 10 not on a Mac.

Steve Sykes

I've just found out that this happens when the media source file is targeting a different drive to the previous scene. My problem is fixed if all my media files are on the same drive. I hope this helps, however I believe this still needs to be fixed.

Steve Sykes

I've just found out that this happens when the media source file is targeting a different drive to the previous scene. My problem is fixed if all my media files are on the same drive. I hope this helps, however I believe this still needs to be fixed.

No, this fix no longer works for me!

CrgSt

I am having this issue too. Has anyone found a solution yet? I'm sure it worked before...

robertswalker

Same problem. OBS on Mac all latest versions. Under Settings > Audio every source is disabled. I created four scenes, only one of which has ANY audio source (Microphone), the other scenes have no audio sources at all. Yet, when I change scenes the MIC can be heard in all four scenes. The way I set it up is that I created a scene that has nothing but the microphone audio input and I nested that scene into my main video scene.

robertswalker

Same problem. OBS on Mac all latest versions. Under Settings > Audio every source is disabled. I created four scenes, only one of which has ANY audio source (Microphone), the other scenes have no audio sources at all. Yet, when I change scenes the MIC can be heard in all four scenes. The way I set it up is that I created a scene that has nothing but the microphone audio input and I nested that scene into my main video scene.
Yeah, it appears that on PC the Monitor output is open/closed per scene, whereas the MAC monitor output is global and independent of the scenes. As reported by others, all the scenes act correctly with audio sources on the streams and recordings

Gikke

Yeah, it appears that on PC the Monitor output is open/closed per scene, whereas the MAC monitor output is global and independent of the scenes. As reported by others, all the scenes act correctly with audio sources on the streams and recordings
I have verified this is indeed the case. Any hope that the MAC version will be fixed?

twindux

HELP PLEASE OH GRACIOUS WONDERFUL DEVELOPERS! This is a real issue for some of us, and I don't have enough hands to change scenes, advance my screen share input, mute specific audios, flip camera swings all at once!

tay_gordon

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?? I am using the monitor to stream our feed 'in-time' to another room in the building so all audio from my interface bleeds through!

tay_gordon

Forgive my ignorance... Could someone walk me through how to use this plug in to stop the bleeding of audio from scene to scene?

nottooloud

Could someone walk me through how to use this plug in to stop the bleeding of audio from scene to scene?

Install the plug-in.
Make sure all your audio sources are set to Monitor Off in Advanced Audio Properties.
Go to the OBS View Menu, then Docks, then Audio Monitor.
In the window that opens, hit the Settings gear.
Open Outputs, then Track 1, and click Show.
Same place again, click Built-in Output, or wherever you'd like the output to go. You can send it multiple places from here. That signal will follow your scene changes.

homeuser

Forgive my ignorance... Could someone walk me through how to use this plug in to stop the bleeding of audio from scene to scene?

I got it to work!!
My set up:
M1 Mac mini
2 scenes (each with a camera and mic)

STEPS:
1) Install: the audio monitor plug in
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/audio-monitor.1186/
2) restart Mac and restart OBS
3) Under sources, select your mic source then click on FILTERS to add filter to your source (ex. mic 1)
4) add 'Audio Monitor' filter
5) set DEVICE to your output device (in my case I have it set to VB-Cable so I can use it in zoom)
6) Set MUTE to 'Linked to deactivated from the main view'
7) repeat for each scene

now your output will be filtered by scene!! :)