Question / Help Mixer FTL, Lowest latency settings??

CREΛTOR

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone has an idea or has a working FTL setup for OBS. So far my setup works fine, I can go to 1080p60fps no problem, but I want to cut down the stream delay. I've tried different resolutions, bitrates, and even encoders so now I'm officially stuck. The best I've gotten it down to is a 1 second delay time but I see other streamers with less than that. I'm really interested to see if anyone has figured out how that works.

Attachments

• 2018-09-20 16-15-01.txt
    722.1 KB · Views: 94

Narcogen

About 1 second is the lowest I've ever seen anyone get with Mixer. 8-15 seconds is normal on Twitch or YouTube.

That said, you might get less in 720p30 than in 1080p60, if lowest latency is the goal.

I'd be curious to know how you're measuring the latency other streamers have to within fractions of a second, too.

CREΛTOR

About 1 second is the lowest I've ever seen anyone get with Mixer. 8-15 seconds is normal on Twitch or YouTube.

That said, you might get less in 720p30 than in 1080p60, if lowest latency is the goal.

I'd be curious to know how you're measuring the latency other streamers have to within fractions of a second, too.

The way I've been measuring my own stream is I capture my desktop and my own stream and use a timer in the scene. From there I edit the video and see the exact delay times. With other streamers, like my friend, I time from when I host to when the alert pops up and I've seen times where the alert happens in sync with the in chat notification. That has to lead me to believe there are ways of getting a real-time stream on Mixer because I've seen so many channels do it now.