MIDI support for Hotkeys?

Cryonic

This will be really great. Right now its possible to use keyboard & mouse for hotkeys, but some people would really like the idea of adding a MIDI controller, that will made it easy to control OBS and give more feedback (like audio/aux mute and active scene).
MIDI is pretty popular & cheap right now, controllers like this cost 50$ and less:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/akai_lpd_8.htm

This one has big pads with LEDs and it can be programmed pretty easy. The only way to make it work right now is to convert MIDI to keyboard signals and this is meh.

I know VST support is planned in OBS Studio, so adding a MIDI-support on top of it to actually control the VST-Plugins would be more than awesome.

If needed, i will do some tests with different MIDI gear and VST-plugins to help out (and make some guides for this functions after release), this would be my way to thank you for the amazing software :-)

Jhonny Rosa

Right now i use Roccat Power Grid to simulate this, but a MIDI Controller like this would be really awesome, working just like a TV Broadcast Switcher.

Cryonic

I´m using the OBS remote on my smartphone.. but this is not really great while in action - the screen is just too small compared to a dedicated controller and it gives you no feedback (klick or just visual feedback). This will be so great to see whats going on without having OBS on top of your screen. LED for the active scene and for the active desktop audio and audio input(s) will prevent the stupid moment when you talk to a disabled micro for 5min :-)
I use this stuff as a DJ and i really like the visual feedback on this units, specially in a dark room.

There are some options to convert MIDI to usual HID input signal but its messy, not stable and limited to HID devices (MIDI allows you to track rotary knobs and faders with the actual position, so lowering your volume will be smooth and not in big steps like 10% lower when you push a button).

Maybe we will see this function in the near future.. If not, i will find a way to make it work somehow^^

GillyMoMo

That would be something to see for sure, I have a set of DJ turn tables I would love to use, not only that I could also play music in my stream easier!

StashCat

I need this feature as well, I have a Launchpad and would like to use it instead of my keyboard to manage OBS during a stream.