Question / Help Microstutters during specific games

MiketotheJ

I recently upgraded my pc specs and have had issues streaming csgo since I made the change. I'll get microstutters every ten seconds or so but only when I'm streaming, the game plays perfectly fine when I'm playing off stream. Tonight I played the Fallout 76 beta and it was doing the same exact thing to me. Although I haven't had an issue with any of the other games I play. I checked the log file and there's a ton of errors that say "A sprite cannot be drawn without a width/height". I searched the forums on here for some fixes on that and tried lowering my output resolution but still was experiencing stutters. I've tried all kinds of fixes to no avail, any help would be greatly appreciated. I left the log file and my specs down below

https://obsproject.com/logs/KvarLTxQ3p7Su37b

- Corsair Vengeance C70 ATX Mid Tower Case
- Intel Core i7-8770K 3.7GHz Quad Core Processor
- Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
- Asus ROG Strix Motherboard
- 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Memory
- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive
- Geforce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
- Corsair 760W ATX Power Supply

Narcogen

The only thing I see immediately is multiple game and display captures in the same scene, which can degrade performance. Best practice would be to use separate scenes, or better yet, scene collections for streams with different games, or just a single game capture and modify properties to select the current game.

MiketotheJ

The only thing I see immediately is multiple game and display captures in the same scene, which can degrade performance. Best practice would be to use separate scenes, or better yet, scene collections for streams with different games, or just a single game capture and modify properties to select the current game.
I tried this out and its still stuttering unfortunately, I feel like I've tried everything at this point. I can't seem to figure out what the cause is : /

MiketotheJ

Bump

So I found a strange fix for this but it's not a desirable one by any means. I have a 144hz monitor as my playing monitor, and a second monitor thats 60hz for chat and obs. I tried unplugging the second monitor and the stutter went away. I don't really like streaming with just one monitor but it's the only thing thats worked for me so far. I recently upgraded my cpu, motherboard, and ram and before I swapped out the parts I didn't have any stutters while playing and streaming. It didn't start until I put the new parts in, but for some reason it's only stuttering while I'm streaming. So I'm still extremely confused as to whats causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Narcogen

It is a known issue that having multiple displays with different frame rates causes performance issues.