Microsoft Excel Recording

Alex_Colombi

I’ve been trying to use a window capture of an excel workbook which I need to create a video tutorial. Everything looks just fine while recording but the output does not show any overlapping: when you input a function in a cell there's an overlapping menu that pops up, I need that to be shown in the video.
Obviously I'm new to the program and I've tried turning to a display capture instead of the video capture but that gives me problems with the dimension of the capture,,,
Anyone?

koala

Unfortunately, window capture will only capture the main window of an app. Secondary windows such as menus and popup dialog windows will not be captured. As you found out, the only way to capture this is display capture. To get rid of unwanted borders, you can crop the source by press and holding down the ALT key, then drag the source handles in the preview to crop.
About the dimensions: you don't have to maximize Excel. If you just resize the Excel window instead of directly maximizing it, you're able to make it taller or higher, just as you need it in your capture.

Alex_Colombi

Thanks for the prompt reply, I have tried to crop the scene but didn't know the "alt + drag" command so I was ending up with an awful black frame around the Excel window :)
It's perfect now, grazie!