Question / Help Microphone boost produces slight static?

strayfah

Hey was wondering if anyone was having the same problem. Basically there will be an annoying background sound (static-ish) whenever the microphone boost is on.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hey, the real issue is that people are using mics that are poor, or mics that are not close enough to their mouth.. A good mic should literally never need to be boosted. Yes, I know that other apps that use the mic can often pick it up fine, but they ultimately are just boosting your sound internally the same way and using a noise filter.. They are not doing it because your mic audio is fine, they are literally compensating and fixing your poor sound for you internally. Noise filtering like that isn't something my app currently does, but is planned.

Another issue is when people are using mics that are plugged in by 3.5mm jacks directly into the motherboard -- that is going to produce noise caused by the motherboard.

I'll implement a noise reduction thing, but I would just like to point out the actual reasons why these things happen, why they have to use mic boost in the first place, why they get hum or noise.