Microphone audio becomes muffled after second recording

kayanza

Hey. I'm losing my mind over this problem and I really hope someone can help.

I have a FIFINE k678 USB Condenser Microphone. I realized my microphone was muffled after a recording I made capturing my camera (through a elgato card) and my screen. After several and several hours of different kinds of photoshoot, seeing multiple posts here, trying things on my own... I couldn't come to a solution. The only thing I noticed is that everytime I restart OBS, the first time I record something the audio is how it should be. And then when I record again the quality is suddenly changed. I already heard so many versions of my own recordings that I'm starting to think maybe my micrphone is just bad? But then I see videos on youtube of people using the same and it's just not. So I'm losing my ability to tell the difference at this point. Another thing that makes the quality get back to normal sometimes is connect and disconnect the microphone from the USB port. When the problem started the microphone was connected to a USB Hub along with my mouse, keyboard and laptop cooler. I thought the problem was that it was not getting enough power. So I connected the hub to a USB C power supply (it's one of those) and same continued. Then I changed the microphone directly to a port with no hubs to see if that was the problem, and the problem continues. So I think I can discard power supply at this point.

I got 4 different logs of this issue. All of them happened like I said - First time it was fine, and then it was not. This messed up two very important videos I had to deliver. I'm almost buying a new expensive microphone but then what if the problem is actually OBS? Or even windows at this point?

Can someone help? I also have a mp3 file showing the difference between the audios but I cant upload it here. Can something be seen in the logs? I cant read them.

Attachments

• 2024-01-28 22-56-28.txt
    20.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2024-01-28 23-10-46.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2024-01-28 23-20-39.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 2024-01-28 23-26-55.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 11

kayanza

Realized it's a Windows 11 problem, not an OBS problem. But it's still a problem since there's still no fix to it...