Bug Report Mic problems while streaming

Siarii

I am new to streaming and trying to figure this part out, no matter what I do people can hear me at all times even with push to talk on and the mic muted through obs. I've tried running it as admin but it seems they can always hear me and my typing. Is there any fix for this that i'm just missing?

micechal

Aren't you outputting your microphone to Default audio device? OBS captures it as 'what you hear'. Do you hear yourself when talking to your mic (on desktop, not neccesarily when streaming)?

Siarii

I have tried default audio device and Microphone, and both have the same problem. I do not hear myself talk at all. Could the fact that I'm trying to use OBS with Twitch.Tv be the problem?

Siarii

A new problem has been added to this list, now my mumble chat is constantly going on my stream. Is there any way to make it so that no one can hear it but me?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I don't quite know why that would happen.. does it happen if the mic is completely disabled in settings?

Siarii

I have not tried having it completely disabled, but I'd like to be able to talk, just not having them hear me at all times. But push to talk does not seem to work at all no matter what key I put it, and muting the mic in the settings does not seem to work properly since people can still hear me after muting it.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
show me a video of your problem. if possible, try to get the application on the video and clicking on the mute button.