Question / Help Mic permissions not showing

dannyhtek

Hi there,

I'm tryin to set up OBS on my Mac. Downloading and installing iShowU went successfull, but I cant seem to get any sound recorded. I've tried configuring the iShowU and build-in microphone, but none of both works.

I went ahead and checked the permissions in 'Settings > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone. However, there is no OBS there. So OBS never asked me to grant permission for it to use the microphone. Fully removing and reinstalling OBS wont show me the pop-up either.

Is there a way to still get this working? Tried lots of things, but no luck.

Good to know: I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.

dannyhtek

Just read pretty much every thread and found a fix posted by @CapatainHachiman.

Running OBS using terminal made the permission dialog show up. After giving mic and screen permission to Terminal, it started working.

Code:
/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS; exit

OrcaWolf

I ran into the same problem and that helped it work. Thanks! But display capture suddenly stopped working. Did it do the same for you?

laughingrice

That sort of worked for me. Running OBS twice from the terminal worked (first time it asked for mic permissions and the second time for video capture permissions). But the permissions were given to the terminal, not obs, so now everything works as long as I keep running it from the terminal.

Also, when running it directly, permissions are given to sh, not obs as well (I'm guessing that there is some shell script in the background).