Media Sources abnormal output w/ Windows 11

UltimaCJ

Ever since the move to Windows 11, ALL my media sources (alert boxes, follows, shout outs, sound effects, and video effects) act abnormal at random times. Sometimes it sounds normal and other times the following happens:

audio lags
audio pops (like if a game was lagging but it isn't)
audio, especially with shout outs that have voices from other streamers they sound like a chipmunk
audio will pop/lag/chipmunk in an out in duration (like it'll start, stop, and start again before the media source is done).

I've tried frame custom frame rate settings to 30-60 for browser sources as well as compatibility mode nothing works. The issue arises randomly too, so there's no way to predict when it is going to happen.

Game and everything else runs smoothly and CPU/GPU usage % are normal optimal levels.

My gaming laptop prior to upgrading to Windows 11 from 10 did not have this issue as well UNTIL I upgraded to 11. My new current machine which came with Windows 11 also presents these SAME symptoms.

My older Machine which I just recently tested out that has Windows 10 does not cause these issues at all. So I KNOW Windows 11 is the culprit, something isn't liking something with the Streaming Software. Since I can't obviously downgrade back to Windows 10 on a brand new machine (I mean I could as anyone else but since we all knows Win10 will eventually get discontinued this issue needs to be nipped in the butt).

These issues also occur when offline for testing purposes prior to going live.

I've looked everywhere about this problem and either Google is failing me on finding the right issue that someone else has had to fix it.

Both issues happen in OBS AND Streamlabs, although OBS does it a little bit less but not by much. Has anyone else with Windows 11 come into this problem? Please assist I've looked everywhere.

UltimaCJ

EDIT: After some testings it seems to only do more erratically when the software loses focus but if the software is the focus where you can access the chat window it doesn't do nearly as much or very little. I'm still seeking help on this if anyone knows the cause/how to fix...any assistance please!

PaiSand

Start by separating display capture (on its own scene) from game and window capture.
Issues with alerts or other third party services must be asked to this third party services.
In the log file you can only see a recording, not streaming. Please do a test stream to see what happens.

Do you have and use any kind of sound altering app (like voicemod) or filter? Does Win 11 have any of this app / filter enabled? I don't use Win 11 so have no idea, just guessing.
And most antiviruses are terrible intrusive and causes more issues than help.
Of course, it could be a hardware issue too. As its focused on audio, a bad audio hardware or driver may cause this issues.

UltimaCJ

Start by separating display capture (on its own scene) from game and window capture.
Issues with alerts or other third party services must be asked to this third party services.
In the log file you can only see a recording, not streaming. Please do a test stream to see what happens.

Do you have and use any kind of sound altering app (like voicemod) or filter? Does Win 11 have any of this app / filter enabled? I don't use Win 11 so have no idea, just guessing.
And most antiviruses are terrible intrusive and causes more issues than help.
Of course, it could be a hardware issue too. As its focused on audio, a bad audio hardware or driver may cause this issues.
Thanks for responding! I do have Display capture (entire screen) but it's turned off / hidden. I've only turned it on say if I was wanting to show a webpage or if someone shared a youtube video. No I don't use any voice mod filter other than the one built into OBS/SLOBS which is noise suppression. My drivers for both my PC and my new PC are fully update to date w/ no conflicts as games music and the like play fine.

I'll try the display capture in its own Window Scene and see if that worked. I did stream today and the same issues (actually got worse the alerts not only do what they have been doing but also froze in place. I had to lose and regain focus/move the windows around like shaking a jar loose to get the audio / video to finish playng).

I'll try the solution you gave and see if it works. I'll report back shortly. Thanks! I wouldn't think it be my anti virus (Avast) but I can try disabling that while using the software (it didn't do this in Win 10 either).

UltimaCJ

For my laptop I applied these changes and everything is working great! So far, NO issues. However with the main PC:

I've completely did a delete partion and a complete install version of windows 11. Installed OBS and removed the additions it suggested (HAGS), no Display Capture. I only have Window Capture and everything else the same.

As I added shout outs etc everything seemed to work. Sound redeems no longer lag and play as is. No popping from the shout outs or video redeems as well as alerts. However, the video redeems and the alerts and shout outs "halt". I tested a recording and watched my laptop at the same time. Laptop plays the video alerts 100% fine while the Main Desktop PC hangs. Prior to hanging, main PC was working fine. My PC has two video display sources (NVIDIA 4060) and AMD Ryzen although Windows complains about it in Device Manager as Microsoft Basic Display Driver saying it is not working properly.

I installed the chipset for the drivers so it would stop complaining as that was the solution to that however, after a reboot, the "hanging" started again! No pop noises etc and regular sounds work fine. To get the redeems to finsih, I must do the same thing (unfocus and refocus the software).

I uninstalled the AMD drivers as soon as I saw the issue but now the hangs will not quit!

I'm going to try SYSTEM RESTORE then another full format to and AVOID installing the AMD Drivers to see if that fixes the issue. As I throughly tested for nearly 30 minutes and no hangs happened.

No anti virus programs are currently installed other than the built in Windows One

Any other solutions please assist, I feel like this battle is half over. Thank you for your help. Here is the log file: