Media Player Plugins for Playback Text

KOKOStern

Hey there!

First I'd just want to say how awesome OBS is! I was looking for a good program for such a long time and eventually just went with the very lame XSplit, I'm happy there's a free, not horrible alternative now that simply works.

My suggestion is simple - a plugin to any music media player and extract what song is currently playing.

Most streamers have music playing, and people ask what song that is more times then you can count, adding this as a plugin will be wonderful.

Obviously this won't be a general thing and must be tailor-made for each media player, but it shouldn't be very complicated.

Personally I use Foobar and also believe that will be the simplest one to work with but... biased! :)

Thoughts?

KOKOStern

I used some creativity and just screen capped the title part of the window - which has the song that's currently playing, but using a text file would be way better.

I downloaded the .dll, put it in the correct place and it shows in foobar itself but there are no options, how do I use it?

Found it, will let you know how it goes, thanks!

KOKOStern

Works wonderfully!

With some very simple code editing I can pretty much make it write whatever I want either in log form or write-over and it with OBS's get text from file it just works!

Awesome! Thank you!