Markdown Source

Markdown Source 0.2.2

Guuvita

Loving the plugin so far, OBS's gdi text formatting has been broken for years (centering text to be precise), so this is god send.
A suggestion, could you add the option to load a CSS file? that would make updating all the markdown styles way faster :)

Vidi

This plugin is incredible for manipulating text, thank you!

One question - is it possible to make the source auto expand to the size of the text entered instead of having to set a height and width? I'd like to set the text dynamically and then use the OBS bounding box options to have the resultant text size itself to the width of a container.

Cheers!

Kasseopey

Hi!
How i can incert image to source? I will try few metods, оnly the image source from the Internet works. Local pictures don't work :(

Attachments

• 2023-12-10_21-58-19.png
    2023-12-10_21-58-19.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 25

Kasseopey

@Kasseopey that is something that seems to be in the browser source used. You can remote debug the browser source by starting obs with the --remote-debugging-port=9222 launch parameter
Hello! Sorry for the long response, I was busy with other things
I will try useing native markdown
Markdown (GitHub flavored):
![image](d:\Kasseopey\Streaming\Temp\icon-star.png)
![image](file:///D:/Kasseopey/Streaming/Temp/icon-star.png)
![image](icon-star.png)
...and this is what I received in response
1710675848941.png

The first version of the spelling was broken, but all the others were successful
But ...
1710675928843.png

Any version - both markdown and HTML - returns this error. I tried different file locations, different file names - the result does not change
The only condition under which the image works is if it is located on the web

TMBGeeks

This is exactly the plugin I've been needing, thanks so much!

Could you incorporate a separate dock for the Markdown for faster/cleaner editing without opening Properties every time you need to edit text? Maybe also include the ability to change font size and use a white background w/ black font (for the dock).

I'm wanting the text I type to show as I'm typing which can be accomplished if using Markdown Source > Text but using Properties is inconvenient for several reasons since editing the text is so central to my setup. It's much better to use Markdown Source > File but it only updates upon saving the .md file. I tried to find a way to make Notepad++ auto-save very quickly to simulate this but it's shortest time is 1 minute and it still wasn't an ideal solution.

TMBGeeks

@TMBGeeks with the Source Dock plugin you can edit the text in a dock. Is that what you want?

Yes, thanks, I didn't see the Text Input option, I'm still learning Source Dock. So I guess it would be a Source Dock feature request for the option to change font size and white background/black font (while maintaining overall OBS dark theme) on the Text Inputs.

avaraana

This is exactly the plugin I've been needing, thanks so much!

Could you incorporate a separate dock for the Markdown for faster/cleaner editing without opening Properties every time you need to edit text? Maybe also include the ability to change font size and use a white background w/ black font (for the dock).

I'm wanting the text I type to show as I'm typing which can be accomplished if using Markdown Source > Text but using Properties is inconvenient for several reasons since editing the text is so central to my setup. It's much better to use Markdown Source > File but it only updates upon saving the .md file. I tried to find a way to make Notepad++ auto-save very quickly to simulate this but it's shortest time is 1 minute and it still wasn't an ideal solution.
Heyyy, I was trying to figure this out as well! Since I use Obsidian in my workflow, I've uploaded the .md file on Obsidian Vault to OBS. It updates automatically, no saving required. If you use the Tray plugin with Obsidian, it should be faster to edit the text file? All the best!