Question / Help "Make sure your drivers are updated" error

RafaelBotto

Hi, i just bought a brand new pc with a gtx 1050ti 4gb graphic card.
i wanted to test recording with it but sadly theres an message popping of on my screen to try to update my drives when they are 100% updated.
This is the log of the last error message:

Attachments

• log.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 2,910

Justin Z

Hello,

I am having the same error since the OBS update to version 24.0.3 and my video drivers are up-to-date. Reinstalling them did not solve the issue. Something else is going on.

The error does not occur when my graphics hardware, a GTX 1060, is outputting over HDMI. However, when I am going to stream, I normally stream console games, and so my graphics card is not in use, only my onboard video.

Previously, this did not prove to be an issue. OBS happily utilised the otherwise idle graphics card and used a minimal amount of CPU. Now, no matter what I do, it ignores the GPU's existence. It also doesn't matter which GPU ID I put in the GPU box in settings (0, 1, 2, etc.).

This certainly appears to be a bug with 24.0.3 as it is new behaviour and there was never a problem until now.

SpectreKid

Hello,

I am having the same error since the OBS update to version 24.0.3 and my video drivers are up-to-date. Reinstalling them did not solve the issue. Something else is going on.

The error does not occur when my graphics hardware, a GTX 1060, is outputting over HDMI. However, when I am going to stream, I normally stream console games, and so my graphics card is not in use, only my onboard video.

Previously, this did not prove to be an issue. OBS happily utilised the otherwise idle graphics card and used a minimal amount of CPU. Now, no matter what I do, it ignores the GPU's existence. It also doesn't matter which GPU ID I put in the GPU box in settings (0, 1, 2, etc.).

This certainly appears to be a bug with 24.0.3 as it is new behaviour and there was never a problem until now.

I have updated to 24.0.3 now, and I have no error. Log?

The main reason I didn't get the error, is because mine is perfectly fine recording my screen. However, because you are trying to record your console, it seems to ignore your GPU entirely, as if the graphics card is not installed.

Is that the problem? I am not quite understanding.

Also, to record your console, you have a Elgato Capture Card, am I correct? If yes, then this might be a bug, and you should probably revert back to 24.0.2, https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases/tag/24.0.2.

Justin Z

Hi SpectreKid,

Thanks for helping out. Can you tell me the location of the log files? I looked for it earlier (including a windows search) and could not find it.

That's right, I use an Elgato HD 60. I see the release notes there at the link--should I download 24.0.2 plus the hotfixes, assuming that is the issue?

Thank you again.

SpectreKid

Hi SpectreKid,

Thanks for helping out. Can you tell me the location of the log files? I looked for it earlier (including a windows search) and could not find it.

That's right, I use an Elgato HD 60. I see the release notes there at the link--should I download 24.0.2 plus the hotfixes, assuming that is the issue?

Thank you again.
OBS>Help>Log Files>Show Log Files in OBS.

OK, because the hotfixes and patch notes say that the hardware decoding on media sources has been disabled by default. I'm not sure that you are using a media source, but right now, try reverting to an older version or reinstalling OBS Studio.

I do not have experience with Elgato capture cards, so I might not be able to help you to the massive extent that Harold or some of the other people of OBS can help you, but right now, connect the HDMI from your monitor to your GTX 1060, and then connect your console to your Elgato, and then a separate monitor. I don't see how this would NOT work, so if you can get the log, I can see if this is an intended issue because we are doing something wrong, or if there is a bug and, in that case, we would have to report this as bug for hope as this is to be fixed in 24.0.4 or 24.1.0.

Regards,
Spectr3x

Justin Z

Hi Spectre,

Okay, I've just started OBS up in my normal configuration. I noticed while looking through some other log files that OBS sees the 1060 as GPU 0 when it's connected to my monitor, but it sees it as GPU 1 when the Elgato is connected to the monitor. So, I started up with the GPU not connected, OBS failed to do NVENC, then I changed the GPU ID to 1 in the settings just to make sure I wasn't crazy and it failed again. As shown in this log file, it did identify the 1060 as GPU 1 so in theory, changing the GPU ID should have fixed the issue I would think.

So that was step one. Step two was doing what you asked, which is starting up OBS with the 1060 still connected to my screen and the Elgato connected to something else. As you can see, this time it started up with the 1060 as GPU 0, and with the GPU ID set to 0 in the configuration, it was able to stream just fine.

Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• Justin Log File 1 - normal config.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Justin Log File 2 - requested config.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 89

Justin Z

A little more information--if I start OBS with the1060 connected to my monitor, then after OBS is started up take the cable out and connect it to the Elgato, it still fails to start streaming.

However, if I start streaming first, then do the cable swap, nothing bad happens and the stream runs as normal, utilising the 1060 for encoding!

Dakshit

Hello Guys as known in 27 version some of them can see while opening there is a error messege
though i dont know how to solve it but i will show u something that i changed link of this page
i got 2 files download i will show u them see them i dont know what is that somepages ia also find i these links OBS hode this from us https://obsproject.com/forum/attachments/justin-log-file-1-normal-config-txt.48485/ copy this link and type on web browser and then see

Attachments

• 2014-11-28-1524-23.log
    9.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 2014-09-26-0157-20.log
    30.2 KB · Views: 6,128

Dakshit

if Someone have that error please read this
I have updated to 27.0.0 now, and I have no error. Log?

The main reason I didn't get the error, is because mine is perfectly fine recording my screen. However, because you are trying to record your console, it seems to ignore your GPU entirely, as if the graphics card is not installed.

Is that the problem? I am not quite understanding.

Also, to record your console, you have a Elgato Capture Card, am I correct? If yes, then this might be a bug, and you should probably revert back to 24.0.2, https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases/tag/24.0.2.