Make Steam Overlay Show

vbdkv

Origin overlay is being captured, but I'd rather have it hidden. Nobody needs to look at that stuff except for me of course =)

Indeed. There are times when you want to show it, and times when you don't.

I like to record and capture the moment i get Achievements, not to show off, but as a kind off Log. "At that time i got it", rather than just looking at the date. As that doesn't really tell me anything;P

Khalas

Yeah your right to be more specific not to show off but more to demonstrate that you get an achievement by doing this. Can do this with a gamecapture card but only because it records the whole input source.

I would do this if not for the fact that it seems to cause my computer to lag. It's funny all the talk about the box doing all the work but that's not what my task manager tells me. Shoot my macbook pro (less than a year old) struggles with all of my cards (Elgato gamecapture, avermedia lgp, and extremecap u3). I swear I hear it crying when I plug in the u3.

You can use Dxtory, it records Steam.

I would like to use a Capture Card for stuff like this if it was possible. But sadly i am one of the 16:10 people,
can't stand to use 16:9 (But of course I can game on that if needed, but not if i don't have to);P

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'll have to see if I can get it to show steam at some point. If that can do it, then so can I I'm guessing.

Indeed, see no reason why it shouldn't be possible.
No idea how hooking works, but Dxtory probably has a lower priority and let Steam Overlay hook before or something.

Right another thing. Dxtory is also able to capture SweetFX while OBS capture the image before SweetFX has taken affect.
This might be to some clue.