Resource icon

Main View Source 0.2.4

toplachi

Thank you very much for this plugin, this is what I am looking for for the very long time. It would be much easier now to create a custom program monitor for our hosts or guests

norihiro

norihiro updated Main View Source with a new update entry:

Main View Source 0.1.7

This is an experimental release of a main view source plugin for OBS Studio.

Changes from 0.1.6

• Fix a memory leak.

Changes from 0.1.5

• Fixed to render Main View Source placed in a nested scene in the program. (An option is added so that user can revert to previous behavior just in case something was wrong.)

Changes from 0.1.0

• Support nested rendering so that the source can be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

norihiro

OBS Main View Source 0.2.0

Changes at 0.2.0

• Support macOS on Apple Silicon.
  • Minimum required version is increased to OBS 27.
  • Build host is changed to Github Actions instead of Azure Pipeline.

Limitation
  • Not all binaries are tested.
    • Windows: 0.1.4 was tested.
    • MacOS: 0.2.0 was tested on Intel mac.
    • Ubuntu: never tested but the source code is tested on Fedora 34.
  • Audio of the program is not provided.

norihiro

OBS Main View Source 0.2.1

This is an experimental release of a main view source plugin for OBS Studio.

Changes at 0.2.1

• Revise package for macOS.
  • Windows installer is removed.

Changes at 0.2.0

• Support macOS on Apple Silicon.
  • Minimum required version is increased to OBS 27.
  • Build host is changed to Github Actions instead of Azure Pipeline.

Limitation

norihiro

Main View Source 0.2.2

This is a hotfix release of a main view source plugin for OBS Studio.

Changes at 0.2.2

• Linux: Fixed the source is not available on OBS Studio 27.
(No changes for macOS and Windows users.)

Limitation
    • Ubuntu: never tested but the source code is tested on Fedora 35.
  • Audio of the program is not...

norihiro

Main View Source 0.2.3

Changes at 0.2.3

• Linux: Fixed the plugin is not loaded by OBS Studio 28.

Changes at 0.2.2

• Linux: Fixed the source is not available on OBS Studio 27.

Changes at 0.2.1

• Revise package for macOS.
  • Windows installer is...

We're using this plugin in combination with Downstream Keyer to generate a "Clean Feed" to share. Working great to filter the Graphics layer, but it would be great to be able to filter audio sources here as well. Thanks.

norihiro

We're using this plugin in combination with Downstream Keyer to generate a "Clean Feed" to share. Working great to filter the Graphics layer, but it would be great to be able to filter audio sources here as well. Thanks.
You might consider using another plugin Asynchronous Source Duplication.
This plugin will copy individual audio of sources.
Note that, if you want to retrieve all the audio in a scene, Asynchronous Source Duplication is not the solution.

norihiro

Main View Source 0.2.4

Changes at 0.2.4
  • Fixed the plugin was not correctly loaded on OBS 27 on Windows.
(If you are not using OBS 27 on Windows, you don't need to update to this version.)

Limitation
    • Ubuntu: 0.2.2 was tested with OBS Studio 27.2.4 on Ubuntu 22.04...

TEC_Studio

Great job on the plugin, this is gonna allow me to create a custom program feed for the talent I will be having on screen.

You mentioned about using downstream keyer instead in your description.. This didnt seem to help me in any way to achieve a custom program feed..

Hello Nori. Still love this plugin but it doesn't seem to be working at all on OBS 29.1.1. Log file shows it loading but no output when I use NDI Filter. Double checked that NDI Filters are working as well. One note regarding my earlier question regarding filtering audio, is it possible to simply have NO audio as part of the Main View Source? That way I could add back the audio I wanted as individual sources.

Thanks in advance.

norihiro

Hello Nori. Still love this plugin but it doesn't seem to be working at all on OBS 29.1.1. Log file shows it loading but no output when I use NDI Filter. Double checked that NDI Filters are working as well. One note regarding my earlier question regarding filtering audio, is it possible to simply have NO audio as part of the Main View Source? That way I could add back the audio I wanted as individual sources.

Thanks in advance.
What is your OS? Could you provide your log file?
For NDI filter, you may use "Output Source" included in another plugin "Downstream Keyer" by exeldro, which has almost same functionality as this plugin.
For audio, I created an issue ticket. I don't know if it's feasible but will try something. (Please don't expect it will arrive soon.)

I already use DSK for Graphics. I'm not sure about the "Output Source" that you mentioned.

I appreciate you looking into it. Winver is below. Log file attached.

1684413860527.png

Attachments

• 2023-05-18 07-41-24.txt
    36.6 KB · Views: 13

norihiro

I already use DSK for Graphics. I'm not sure about the "Output Source" that you mentioned.

I appreciate you looking into it. Winver is below. Log file attached.
Thank you for sending your log. I tested using Windows 10 and OBS 29.1.1. The released version `obs-main-view-source-0.2.4-obs27-Windows.zip` should work fine.
The log shows the plugin is loaded. However, for some reason, there is no source using the type of this plugin.
You should be able to find "Main View Source" when you click a plus icon at the bottom of the Sources list.
If you are not using studio mode, the plugin will show nothing when you added. This is because we need to avoid an infinite loop to render itself. If you switch to another scene, the source should render something.

Last edited:
Thank you for sending your log. I tested using Windows 10 and OBS 29.1.1. The released version `obs-main-view-source-0.2.4-obs27-Windows.zip` should work fine.
The log shows the plugin is loaded. However, for some reason, there is no source using the type of this plugin.
You should be able to find "Main View Source" when you click a plus icon at the bottom of the Sources list.
If you are not using studio mode, the plugin will show nothing when you added. This is because we need to avoid an infinite loop to render itself. If you switch to another scene, the source should render something.
Yep. Got it working. Error on my part.

I determined that the Program Output for streaming only supports channel 1 for Audio.

Obviously, recording supports all 6. So maybe a different approach is needed? Appreciate your help and thoughts.

Thanks