Resource icon

Free Magic Window 1.6.19.2019

caharkness

caharkness submitted a new resource:

Magic Window - Capture a zoomed-in area around the mouse cursor

Magic Window was developed to streamline the process of showing what's around the mouse cursor without having to edit recordings. Magic Window works by painting a portion of the screen to a window that OBS can see, but one that we cannot.

What's supported in version 1.6.19.2019?

* Command-line arguments
* Custom profiles via the profiles.txt file
* Custom window resolutions
* Custom redraw rates
* Multiple monitors

See the included profiles.txt file on...

Read more about this resource...

tomes012

This seems to work perfect with HD dual monitors - great work! Any chance you might configure it to work with dual 4k monitors? the cursor is fairly offset in the wrong position when I'm working with 3840 x 2160 resolution. (image example here:
examp.png
)
Praises either way thank you!
Tom

caharkness

This seems to work perfect with HD dual monitors - great work! Any chance you might configure it to work with dual 4k monitors? the cursor is fairly offset in the wrong position when I'm working with 3840 x 2160 resolution. (image example here:View attachment 47199)
Praises either way thank you!
Tom

Darn, I don't have any 4K monitors to test with (there never was any appeal to own own until now.) Do you have any DPI scaling going on? If you do, could you see what using "100%" is versus any higher numbers? I have a couple ideas as to what this might be an issue with, but seeing the difference between DPI scaling settings might give me a huge clue.

I hope using 1920x1080 with 100% scaling isn't a problem for you, I will update the post to reflect this finding for the mean time. Thanks for speaking up!

tryptech

I went and decompiled the app to add some extra features like locking to the primary screen and adding lazy/eased tracking since this seems to be abandoned. If anyone is interested I can upload.

JoLockwood

I went and decompiled the app to add some extra features like locking to the primary screen and adding lazy/eased tracking since this seems to be abandoned. If anyone is interested I can upload.
Im interested - however when I tried to run version 1.69.2019 my Windows Defender blocked it with as a "Win32/Wacatac.C!m" - anyone else experience that?

tryptech

I run malwarebytes on my machine and it hasn’t been flagged that way on my end. I think it might be because it’s unsigned software. It decompiles cleanly into C#.NET and I haven’t seen anything in that code that looks malicious so far. I’ll clean it up a bit and upload it later tonight.