Macro Deck

Free Macro Deck 1.2.5 Beta

edos

The "Play Sound" under "Soundbar" command isn't working, I've tried with "play_stop", "play _overlap" and "play_replay" and chosen my file but none are working
can you check the macro and see if it's storing a file path "C:\this\is\the\path" or just the file name because I'm having the same issue and the path just says "clip.mp3" or something like that

karpana

I've been looking at one of the 'competitor products', and ran across this in another forum.

I have 2 issues.

1) when i start up the Macro Deck Server application, it generates an error:
Code:
Failed to check for updates.  Please make sure you have an internet connection and your filewall/anti virus isn't blocking Macro Deck Server.exe and Macro Deck Server Installer.exe

(it should be noted, that there is no "Macro Deck Server Installer" anywhere on my machine.)

When the error is generated on startup, a network scan (using fiddler) seems to indicate that it's trying to access a resource located at, with a 301 permanent redirect response in place:
Code:
http://macrodeck.org/services/installer/versions/version_release.ini

But when I try to access this resource via a browser, it gives me a 403 Access Denied.
When I try to use a tool like Insomnia, it give me an error that reads
Code:
Error: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates

I can only presume that the 301 redirect is from HTTP to HTTPS, but the requested resource is inaccessible via HTTPS.

2) even with the firewall opened "wide open" for this application (public, domain and private, which is far more permissions that I want any application to have), I cannot connect from my android device.

Using a port scanner, I can see that port 50000 (as defined statically in the Macro Deck Server settings page) is open, and is currently being held by Macro Deck Server (and not something else).

I can connect to the open port using a local telnet tool from my windows machine (puTTY) and get a response that the port is open. I can also do the same from my android phone using ConnectBot.

But still, the MacroDeck app will not connect.

Ecsyend

can you check the macro and see if it's storing a file path "C:\this\is\the\path" or just the file name because I'm having the same issue and the path just says "clip.mp3" or something like that
When I first add the file it shows "C:\path\to\file.mp3". After applying it and going to Right Click>Edit it just shows "file.mp3"

KaartoMedia

View attachment 46985
I keep getting this even after reinstalling and sorting out the firewall

I installed Macro Deck 1.3.1 yesterday, and it worked just fine. However, today morning when I started my PC, I got these same errors and was unable to use Macro Deck. I went through Google and found no solutions, and I can't remove other adb related apps to test the solution provided on this thread. Also, the developer of Macro Deck doesn't seem to offer any kind of support, even for donators.

I noticed that Macro Deck uses fairly old version of .Net Framework, but in Win10 I can't install older one if I already have newer version. And I surely need that newer version for other stuff.

Luckily I found a solution for that "Failed to bind to port"-error, which is more crucial as it kills the app on startup:
1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features
2. On the left sidebar, click "Turn Windows features on or off"
3. Expand ".NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services" (or some other version you have there)
4. Expand "WCF Services", activate "HTTP Activation" and click OK.

I'm not sure if it's disabled as default in all Win10 versions, but in my case it was the solution. Posting this here as this was one of the only topics about this issue that I found from Google.

Edit: This morning same thing happens again, so clearly this wasn't the solution. I'll try to track down what everything I did yesterday in order to get it working.

Edit2: It takes 30-40mins from the startup of my computer before Macro Deck Server works. After that delay it finds the IP correctly and doesn't give "Failed to bind to port" error anymore.

Last edited:

SnakePlays

I have a problem with Macro deck server, when I have been with my Android connected by Wifi for a while, my PC desktop application goes into sleep mode and loses the connection. I have to restart the desktop application and resynchronize the Android. I recently reinstalled Windows for other reasons and the same thing still happens to me. Any solution?

LunaGore

It keeps crashing and there's no instructions on how to set it up, I'm trying to get it setup with SLOBs so I can control Spotify while using it, it also doesn't like my twitter PIN either because it likes to crash - every.single.time. I input it.

I really wanna use this because a friend recommended it over SLOBs remote control but I can't if it won't let me set anything up (or I don't know how to).

thedarkpreacher

Hey SuchByte, love the program, got it running on my Fire HD 8 tablet in USB connection mode, use it to run my Twitch streams, control OBS Studio, even launch my most used programs.

Have an issue with version 1.3.1, every time I try to link my Twitter, I get the PIN, input it, hit ok, and then Macro Deck crashes, doesn't link my Twitter, and even forgets my link for my OBS Studio websocket.

Any update on bugfixes? And do you have a github where people can report bugs? Also, is there a place where the program stores crash logs?

jprobichaud

Any chance we could get a Linux port for the server part? If everything is done under .NET, it should be easy as Mono is quite good now.

DrKinslayeR

A solution to this error : "Failed to check for updates. Please make sure you have an internet connection and your filewall/anti virus isn't blocking Macro Deck Server.exe and Macro Deck Server Installer.exe" ?

DrKinslayeR

It's fine with my other issue I just uncheck "automatically search for updates".

But did you have an idea to not used password for a connection with websocket ? Because I can't configure password to streamlabs but macrodeck can't connect without a password. Sorry for my english.

Hargossath

hi guys, i downloaded the app some days ago, and i found that is very powerful and well made, i only have an issue, except for the one about the update that i saw upper in this thread, the app keeps closing after a while with no known reason, it just closes, it neither give me an error or crash sound..

have someone had a similar issue and could help me? thanks

kellyllek

Hi All. When I install the server on Windows 10 it works first time. Every time I run it after that though it fails with the "failed to update message" then the "Failed to bind to port" message and shuts down. The only way I can get it to run again is to uninstall the whole program and install it again. Then again; it runs in the first instance but never to run again.

kellyllek

Above was my main issue for this forum. But below I'm sharing my overall project as someone may have other ideas for me!

I would love to run a Macro Deck app like this at work but they don't allow admin access to install the server on my work computer. I see something about the Beta version working on any system with a web browser. Will I have any luck at work with something like this?

I really could use something like this to run hotkey combinations. I found another app, Mini Mouse Macro, that I can install at work and it doesn't go into the registry, so it installs somehow on top and just allows me to playback recorded mouse and keyboard actions. I then activate those macros with many different hotkey combinations.

The project I'm working on involves hand entering invoices by the thousands, and each take at least 50 keystrokes. The real solution is if our vendors software and our system software communicated, but they don't and won't! So instead of hand entering all the invoice info We've figured out a way to copy the invoice pdf to Excel and scrape it for the data we need (invoice number, Delivery note number, dates and amounts), and then automatically paste into our software to reconcile. You still have to hand reconcile the invoice but it saves all the mundane data entry. It saves at least 50 keystrokes per invoice, is more accurate, and halves the time.

However the problem is the macros run off hotkey combinations, and though the keystrokes are only a fraction of the previous method, they are very repetitive! It's the same key combinations time after time, plus the key combinations can get awkward! I think a programmable mouse or keypad with onboard memory is going to be an ideal solution. But I also think an app like Macro Deck will be a great solution too.

Appreciate your thoughts..

Coveirinho Pop

Did somebody see multiple instances of Macro Deck at Windows 10 system tray area?
Try to shut down that instances!
Hope this procedure can help.
Greetings from Brazil.

Coveirinho Pop

Did somebody see multiple instances of Macro Deck at Windows 10 system tray area?
Try to shut down all that instances and restart Macro Deck.
Hope this procedure can help y'all.
Greetings from Brazil.

Note: I connected via USB. I didn't tried to connect wireless, so I can't tell you if it works this way.

Untitled-2.png Untitled-3.png

aicedd

Anyone know the answer? How can you change the shape of the buttons in MacroDeck? I want to replace the rounded corners with buttons with sharp corners (square).