MacOS Ventura 13.5 and OBS 29.1.3: Black Camera Output

hugo4711

I use OBS 29.1.3 on an Intel iMac with Ventura 13.5

My external USB-Device is a Cam Link 4k which now only shows a Black Screen / Camera Output with every setting that I try.

This device however works in every other App (Quick Camera, Zoom, ...) without any issues. But in OBS the output is always black. No error messages in the Log-File

The built in FaceTime Camera of the iMac however works fine. The External iPhone Cam however also does not work.

I already deinstalled, deleted every setting and re-installed OBS on this machine, without any effect. Re-Boot etc. of course too. There must be something wrong on the driver level. Also I have double-checked the Security Settings.

Attachments

• 2023-07-28 12-16-47.txt
    16 KB · Views: 44

hugo4711

I just noticed the error messages regarding the plugins - I also deleted the plugins folder (streamdeck and the old virtual cam plugin) and generated a new log file, the cam is still black however...

Attachments

• 2023-07-28 12-38-00 .txt
    11 KB · Views: 24
I've been having iphone connection issue too. The continuity camera usually connects and I can just start recording. Now it's hit or miss and when I connect to OBS the time says 9:41 January 9th which Apple confirmed is the standard time and date on every iphone before setup