Resource icon

OBS Studio Mac Desktop-Audio using BlackHole

asher_the_thrasher submitted a new resource:

Mac Desktop-Audio using BlackHole - An updated, easy way to set up mac audio on all macs running macOS Mavericks (10.9) to macOS Big Sur

1. Download here (note, you will have to put in your email but that is to get the download link)
View attachment 66475

2. Once you get an email from BlackHole audio, open the link. It will take you to the download page. Download the 16 ch version and install.
View attachment 66476
If, when you open the download, you get a message about not being able to open 3rd party apps, go to the...

Read more about this resource...

mrbartuss

Hi. What else do I have to change to record desktop audio? Unfortunately it seems the mixer doesn't detect the sound.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 14.29.39.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 14.29.39.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 14.30.04.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 14.30.04.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 14.30.17.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 14.30.17.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 14.30.41.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 14.30.41.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 116

lsolesbee

i went thru setup Blackhole and multi-output device and got it working, some months ago. and it was working a few days ago, but i must have clicked something by mistake and now cannot get audio out to my bluetooth speaker, nor my internal speakers. i do see the audio meter bouncing when recording in obs, and resulting recorded clip has audio, but still cannot hear it myself as i'm recording
using old Quasar VHS playback deck, DIGITNOW USB 2.0 Audio/Video Converter MacbookPro 2014, OS = HighSierra 10.13.6, OBS 27.2.4 (64bit) Blackhole 2ch,

any suggestions?

lsolesbee

i went thru setup Blackhole and multi-output device and got it working, some months ago. and it was working a few days ago, but i must have clicked something by mistake and now cannot get audio out to my bluetooth speaker, nor my internal speakers. i do see the audio meter bouncing when recording in obs, and resulting recorded clip has audio, but still cannot hear it myself as i'm recording
using old Quasar VHS playback deck, DIGITNOW USB 2.0 Audio/Video Converter MacbookPro 2014, OS = HighSierra 10.13.6, OBS 27.2.4 (64bit) Blackhole 2ch,

any suggestions?
FOUND IT!!! in the audio advanced tab, monitor needed to be enabled

flowte

I did these exact instructions. OBS is picking up audio from a YouTube played, so it is picking up desktop audio. But I am trying to pick up audio from Tidal Cycles and it is not picking that audio up. I can hear that audio in my headphones and Mac speakers though. I know this is not an OBS issue, but maybe someone else here has run into this.

kazary

hello . i have blackhole. on obs on both my imac and macbook pro . on recording. on macbook pro is picking up nice and smooth the youtube music . on imac .. same settings ... the. sound of music sounds like an old broken radio .. interrupted ..volume loosing ... went thru everything over and over. again ...same things happening .. any idea what. could be ?