Question / Help Low KB/S even with very good internetconnection

Hello everybody,

first of all sorry for my bad grammar but i am not a native speaker.

Since a few days i got some problems with my Stream. I use OBS and i want to stream League of Legends. Since 1 year it worked very good, but the last days i got huge problems. My connection is 50 Mbit Download and 10 MBit Upload. I use a i7 4 core, 4 gig ram, ati radeon 5850, windows 7.

Sometimes its rly good and i got my 1500 kb/s, but most of the time its below 500 and the viewers telling me my stream is lagging. My connection works constantly fine so i dont know where the problem is.

Do you have any suggestions for me? Would be great!

Best regards,
Captain Hindsight

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Server selection is important not only for you, but your viewers. Make sure you've got a good server that you don't have problems streaming to and that your viewers don't have trouble watching you on. 1500 shouldn't cause lag for the vast majority of users, so it feels like there's something else up there. Europe still seems to be having some issues at the moment (I think? I'm not entirely sure, though it seems like the case as of late), so the server you choose is important. Keep trying until you find one good for both you and the viewers.

Unfortunately it doesnt change a lot, i tried a few servers :( my kb/s is very very low 200-300, while my connection works totally fine

any further suggestions?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Give me a log file. Are you streaming at 200-300? You shouldn't use that low of a bitrate. Do you have CBR on like you should?

I have no other suggestions.