Bug Report LoL client window capture white screen

lastzombie

Screen capture with lol client used to work but now it doesn't i shows an all white or black source. I use game capture for the time being with lol client but when you minimize with it game capture zooms into top left of the client. How can i fix window capture or stop game capture from zooming in? I recently installed a third monitor and using my 2600k's gpu for it. I can post logs screenshots or whatever need just let me know =)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
In that particular log file, I don't think it was properly set to league of legends in the game capture properties, because it seems as though it couldn't find any window for your target. Could you open league of legends, the go in to the game capture settings, select the window, and press OK and try again?

lastzombie

In that particular log file, I don't think it was properly set to league of legends in the game capture properties, because it seems as though it couldn't find any window for your target. Could you open league of legends, the go in to the game capture settings, select the window, and press OK and try again?
My problem is not the game it is the client. It is a separate exe from the game. I have lots of stuff on the global sources that may be effecting the logs. Do you want me to record a video and send it with the log?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Sure, I don't mind, I'm confused about the "all white" because that's very unusual

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
The game capture zooms in when you minimize it because the "game" stops rendering. Games stop rendering when you minimize them, so game capture grabs whatever texture it last rendered, which in this case, is just he upper corner.

lastzombie

The game capture zooms in when you minimize it because the "game" stops rendering. Games stop rendering when you minimize them, so game capture grabs whatever texture it last rendered, which in this case, is just he upper corner.
that explains the game capture... İs there a way to stop game capture from doing that? Also what about the window capture???

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
There is not a way to stop game capture from doing that. You have to just not minimize the window.

As for Window capture, I'm not sure...it might have something to do with the AMD card or AMD drivers. AMD isn't the best with multiple different GPUs.

lastzombie

There is not a way to stop game capture from doing that. You have to just not minimize the window.

As for Window capture, I'm not sure...it might have something to do with the AMD card or AMD drivers. AMD isn't the best with multiple different GPUs.
So after you said that i turned off my monitor that was powered by 2600k and voila it works now. Anyway to fix this so i can get it working with three monitors? My graphics card has one hdmi and 1 dvi and 2 display ports which sucks because if it doesn't now i have to buy a display port adapter.

also found this guy with the same problem...
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/strange-bug-league-client-multiple-graphics-cards-error.13282/

Last edited:

redstained

Happens the same to me.. It worked all just fine for days, since I first started using it, but now Window Capture will just return a black rectangle (wether it be the pvp.net client or the actual game, which I run windowed). Game capture works for the game but not the client, and I didn't want to use Monitor capture. Have you found a way to fix this?

Rammus Support

Im having the same problem (starting today) with the league client showing (via window capture) as a white blank box. I've been streaming for a month with no problems.