Logitech StreamCam 4:3 Aspect Ratio.

toms0013

So, I have just purchased a streamcam thinking it was my best bang for the buck for quality. It works fine using Logitechs Capture software on its own for direct recording through logitechs software not using OBS. However if I add the camera to OBS directly (Using the stream cam as a source not logitech capture as a source) I get a 4:3 aspect ratio. Based on other forum posts I should be able to set the resolution to custom and set the resolution to 1920x1080. This makes the video 1920x1080 but it actually just cuts in on the 4:3 video and while I'm technically getting 1920x1080 its like Ive zoomed in 30% so I don't get the full camera frame.

For the life of me I cannot get the camera to output 1920x1080 to OBS. If I use the output from Logitech capture as the input for OBS then it seems to work fine. BUt that just puts extra load on my system while trying to stream.

Attachments

• 2022-01-28 17-27-22.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 142

shansmi

I have 3 of those cameras running. You are using a USB C port right or you have a USB C hub plugged into a Thunderbolt port?

There is another tool that can be used to tweak the camera settings. The settings will remain until the camera looses power. Ironically it is called "Logitech Camera Settings". Launch that first and set the camera up then exit that app. Now OBS should be fine. This is a Logitech thing. The app can be found here:

shansmi

So, I have just purchased a streamcam thinking it was my best bang for the buck for quality. It works fine using Logitechs Capture software on its own for direct recording through logitechs software not using OBS. However if I add the camera to OBS directly (Using the stream cam as a source not logitech capture as a source) I get a 4:3 aspect ratio. Based on other forum posts I should be able to set the resolution to custom and set the resolution to 1920x1080. This makes the video 1920x1080 but it actually just cuts in on the 4:3 video and while I'm technically getting 1920x1080 its like Ive zoomed in 30% so I don't get the full camera frame.

For the life of me I cannot get the camera to output 1920x1080 to OBS. If I use the output from Logitech capture as the input for OBS then it seems to work fine. BUt that just puts extra load on my system while trying to stream.

Looking at the logs I see you running that camera at very low resolutions with only 30FPS. If using a C port it should come up at 1920x1080 @ 60 FPS but it you are using a converter it might not do the max. I have had this issue with C to A converters.

Attached are some pics.
Before_Screenshot 2022-01-28 184722.png
the logi_app_Screenshot 2022-01-28 184816.png

Last edited: