Logitech C920e Horrible quality out of packet.

dingdong

Have set up the logitech C920e HD1080p but when opening zoom the quality is poor. I have adequate lighting and have been doing research about how to light up my area but when recording the Zoom meeting, the playback was awful......my mate looked great on his end with the exact same camera but my window was crap.

I went to the logitech website and downloaded the latest update but it was some weird program that I could not understand and it didnt appear in Zoom settings so I could enhance my image/face. I keep hearing about OBS......what is this....I am not a gamer but just want to have some nice clear footage when recording a zoom session......many logitech videos on youtube automatically assume you have OBS installed.....they dont say how to get it or why we need it for the logiteck c920....

Can someone give me some basic kiddy steps in where I need to go and what to do.

ChristianS

Setting up and learning OBS is far too complicated for your case, IMHO.
I have a Logitech C920 Pro HD1080p: it works without any tuning !
We can discuss here, although it's not the most appropriate place...

What computer/OS are you using ? Do you plug it directly to the computer ? Do you have any USB hub ?
Are you running on the battery (if you're using a laptop) or plugged-in ?

dingdong

Setting up and learning OBS is far too complicated for your case, IMHO.
I have a Logitech C920 Pro HD1080p: it works without any tuning !
We can discuss here, although it's not the most appropriate place...

What computer/OS are you using ? Do you plug it directly to the computer ? Do you have any USB hub ?
Are you running on the battery (if you're using a laptop) or plugged-in ?

I am operating windows 10 64 bit.....and the camera plugs directly into the usb port on computer....computer is plugged in.....why is the OBS too complicated?

dingdong

@dingdong

how fast is you internet connection please make a speedtest on (speedtest.net) when you upload is to smal this is the problem

OBS is a Screen Capture Programm many people usw it so send streams out to e.g twitch youtube but you can use it to edit you webcam video live. Remove backround with greenscreen show Programms and many more but this didnt fix your problem.
when your internet conection in upload is not high ca. 3000kbits min your picture is send out blurry and full of pixels.

What does speed have to do with quality of recorded zoom session? I have a green screen and am familiar with zoom settings.....it looked ok once...then it changed to horrible......then ok.....then when I recorded zoom session horrible on my side not my mates side....his was fine......so its not the recording program or zoom cos his looked fine......its my useless Logitech camera....

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 62
The C920 is an excellent camera but, of course, it's possible that yours is faulty. In that case you should return it to the seller. Perhaps you could try the camera on another computer.

If the camera is okay, there might be something wrong with you system (hardware or software, including drivers). You mention Logitech software. Have you tried Logitech Capture? You can download it from here: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/capture. It allows you to make adjustments to your camera settings.

dingdong

The C920 is an excellent camera but, of course, it's possible that yours is faulty. In that case you should return it to the seller. Perhaps you could try the camera on another computer.

If the camera is okay, there might be something wrong with you system (hardware or software, including drivers). You mention Logitech software. Have you tried Logitech Capture? You can download it from here: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/capture. It allows you to make adjustments to your camera settings.

Thats what they say all over the internet.....when they buy it they think its faulty but then it turns out its software....maybe I can try it on another computer and see?

You say Logitech capture? is that standard for all logitec cameras? Is that post recording editing or can you adjust it live? I will download and try it....thanks

Kraezy

The settings within Logitech Capture are minimal
You should get LGHUB , far more versatility in terms of settings to adjust for best image quality and/or frame rate.

dingdong

I downloaded Capture and it doesnt like working with Zoom......draws a blank......and there is a red line through tyhe camera icon down on the left when I select Capture to zoom with....

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.5 KB · Views: 74

dingdong

You should get LGHUB , far more versatility in terms of settings to adjust for best image quality and/or frame rate.
I will try this as soon as I get an answer on my previous post.....

dingdong

I shut both down and did as recommended by opening up LCapture but the options were limited.....and even though I fiddled with a few settings, I found no place for image quality in terms of high def like some videos are saying in OBS. The picture in Capture looks ok but I fail to see how it translated over to zoom. Because when I re-opened zoom, the image wasnt exactly the same as looking at my image through LCapture......my image in Zoom is ok....remember it wasnt the image quality in zoom but when I recorded a session......in playback my mates side of zoom was clear and fine......mine was grainy and horrrible......

I can try re-zoom now that LCapture is installed and see if that makes a difference when looking at playback? Is there a link to LGHUB...should I try this?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    174 KB · Views: 45

dingdong

I have good lighting...LED diffused light......lighting not a problem......that was weird.....when I opened up Capture it said there was an update.....when I clicked it then it proceeded to install Capture again?

And when I click on exposure as opposed to having it on frame rate.....my image doesnt change....its the same....?

Also......would the bad recording have anything to do with these settings?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    283.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

dingdong

That Logitech site is dead.........

Where can I get LGHUB and is it a huge program...all i want is for my camera to work properly in recorded zoom sessions.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.2 KB · Views: 14

dingdong

This guy shows he is in logitech webcam software....where is this on my pc?

Also do you think I have a chinese cheap imitation?

Attachments

• Captures.PNG
    Captures.PNG
    506.9 KB · Views: 59