LocalVocal: Local Live Captions & Translation On-the-Go

LocalVocal: Local Live Captions & Translation On-the-Go v0.2.3

LittleGelato

Thanks for trying it out!
I'm also very glad you got it working.
In general, I would be careful about running multiple instances of the filter especially GPU since it loads up cuda memory and that's buggy sometimes.

But let me just understand
You're speaking one language or two?
In general the non English models are multilingual and should pick up any language. I think there's an "auto" language where it tries to guess the spoken language.

Anyway you've asked about the captions and translation
The answer is yes that should be available - sending the original caps one way and the translation another way so you have a choice. That's coming up as a feature
Sorry for the late reply!
Of course, it's a super useful tool and I'm excited to see how it evolves. That's good to know about the GPU memory issues, maybe I'll try to use the CPU versions and see if it gives better results when using the larger models and multiple at a time.
Does anyone know if there are conflicts if you try to use the CPU AND GPU versions at the same time?

To answer your question about my situation, I’m a native English speaker with 10 years of experience learning Portuguese (BR). I explore Brazilian content and culture on my stream, which means I’ll occasionally mix both languages. My goal is to provide closed captions (CC) translated in both English and Portuguese so that viewers who only speak 1, or people with hearing issues, can read them no matter the language I speak.

The feature that you mentioned that's up for review would be amazing! For the moment I think I can use a twitch overlay extension to auto-transcibe my stream into Eng and use LV to translate to PT to send to twitch's built-in CCs.

I'll be checking out your other plugins, keep up the great work!

royshilkrot

Sorry for the late reply!
Of course, it's a super useful tool and I'm excited to see how it evolves. That's good to know about the GPU memory issues, maybe I'll try to use the CPU versions and see if it gives better results when using the larger models and multiple at a time.
Does anyone know if there are conflicts if you try to use the CPU AND GPU versions at the same time?

To answer your question about my situation, I’m a native English speaker with 10 years of experience learning Portuguese (BR). I explore Brazilian content and culture on my stream, which means I’ll occasionally mix both languages. My goal is to provide closed captions (CC) translated in both English and Portuguese so that viewers who only speak 1, or people with hearing issues, can read them no matter the language I speak.

The feature that you mentioned that's up for review would be amazing! For the moment I think I can use a twitch overlay extension to auto-transcibe my stream into Eng and use LV to translate to PT to send to twitch's built-in CCs.

I'll be checking out your other plugins, keep up the great work!
Multiple open captions (ones that appear on yout stream, not "closed caption" that people enable in e.g yt or twitch) are possible with Text Sources, for example you send captions to one text source and translate to another text source.