Resource icon

LiveTime 1.2

ShermanZero

ShermanZero submitted a new resource:

LiveTime - A timer to display your uptime

A simple script allowing you to display your current uptime to your stream or in a recording. I've seen a few streamers that have a timer, and I thought it was sorta neat. When my brief search for an OBS-integrated tool to do this returned no results, I figured I'd make it on my own and share it with others.

If there are any discovered bugs, I will fix them accordingly, but I don't think there are (I hope).

View attachment 67674

It shouldn't need much explanation since...

Read more about this resource...

KelseyBDJ

I like this script but it would be nice if I could get the option for double zeros for hours, minutes, seconds. eg. 02h 01m 08s.
Other than that, great work.

KelseyBDJ

I like this script but it would be nice if I could get the option for double zeros for hours, minutes, seconds. eg. 02h 01m 08s.
Other than that, great work.

Just seeing that is goes from 59s 1s which plays around with the alignment a bit.

KelseyBDJ

Thanks for the quick update. I have tried updating but I am unable to find the new formatting option, if any.

There is also a little bug when pressing the 'Start' button more than one, it sets the timer going off multiple times which increases the speed of the timer. You then have to press the stop button the same amount of times the start button has been pressed.

Bairespm

[QUOTE = "KelseyBDJ, publicación: 512403, miembro: 49468"]
Puede ver este video tutorial para comprender los scripts de Python en OBS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7RhpvlVte0
[/ CITA]

thanks but no explain how to use with .py extensión .. only lua. Lua works for me but py don't work. Try add un script tools this livetime.py and nothing see

ShermanZero

Thanks for the quick update. I have tried updating but I am unable to find the new formatting option, if any.

There is also a little bug when pressing the 'Start' button more than one, it sets the timer going off multiple times which increases the speed of the timer. You then have to press the stop button the same amount of times the start button has been pressed.

Hmm I suspect that had to do with the OBS Forums review process for newly submitted files. So, I moved the project over to a GitHub repo, and you should always be able to grab the latest changes/fixes there. Sorry about that! (Also fixed the bug, thanks for pointing it out!)

ShermanZero

Unfortunately, I couldn't run it. Could you describe it like a video if I ask.
[QUOTE = "KelseyBDJ, publicación: 512403, miembro: 49468"]
Puede ver este video tutorial para comprender los scripts de Python en OBS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7RhpvlVte0
[/ CITA]

thanks but no explain how to use with .py extensión .. only lua. Lua works for me but py don't work. Try add un script tools this livetime.py and nothing see

Hey friends, your issues are probably due to the fact you do not have the latest OBS-supported Python installation. However this is easily remedied, and you can find a direct link to the installation you need where this project is now hosted (on a GitHub repo). Just click the "Go To Download" button at the top of this page, and you will see a small Installation guide in my repo. I can make a video, but KelseyBDJ already linked a superb instructional video for this entire process (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7RhpvlVte0), and I would be doing nothing but reiterating what Andilippi (the video creator) already showed and explained.

KelseyBDJ

Hmm I suspect that had to do with the OBS Forums review process for newly submitted files. So, I moved the project over to a GitHub repo, and you should always be able to grab the latest changes/fixes there. Sorry about that! (Also fixed the bug, thanks for pointing it out!)

This makes sense. I'll have to grab it from GitHub then. Thanks man! :)

ASchneider

Hello ShermanZero! Thanks for this script.

Can I suggest an idea for the next update? Is it possible to not show the text when the timer has not started? Just a blank text so nothing is shown in the text source. This would be nice to have...

Thanks

ShermanZero

Hello ShermanZero! Thanks for this script.

Can I suggest an idea for the next update? Is it possible to not show the text when the timer has not started? Just a blank text so nothing is shown in the text source. This would be nice to have...

Thanks

Done. Grab the new version on GitHub!